The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Questions regarding Takara's Batman Begins Figure

I did what I'm assuming Thrustmaster did with his OC Bats. I used cotton balls. I just pulled them apart into smaller workable bits (each ball into 3 or 4 pieces). I used a Q-tip to push the cotton up into the suit through the waist and the neck opening. I stuffed the entire front and sides of the torso. The chest has A LOT of cotton in it. Before there was a lot of space between the rubber and the body. Not anymore. Feels nice and solid now. :)

The nice thing about the cotton is that once it's in place it's workable. You can press and shift the cotton around a bit to work out the lumps. However, once the cotton is in there I don't think it will ever be coming out.

thanks for this buddy! i was using foam and just wasn't working our for me. I'll try this out next time I go home

I used the little foam squares from the Bank Robber Joker on mine, you just have to be careful in how you put them in.

I used the little foam squares from the Bank Robber Joker on mine, you just have to be careful in how you put them in.

ahhh see but those have some stiffness to them, no? I was using soft foam so when I inserted it underneath Bat's suit, It would bunch up on its way to its destination lol

I had the foam in there before, but I wanted to futz it a bit, b/c it looked like he had a Beer belly like V1 TDK Bats :lol

but man Mag, with your "stuffing" mod and my soon to be resculpt and repaint, we may together have a substantial BB Batman comparable to the HT OC Bats??

but man Mag, with your "stuffing" mod and my soon to be resculpt and repaint, we may together have a substantial BB Batman comparable to the HT OC Bats??

Maybe... but at the moment I have somehing else in mind...

:monkey3

Maybe... but at the moment I have somehing else in mind...

:monkey3

Fear-toxin Batman?

I know that's what I've got in mind...

Attachments

• Collector-Panel-Star-Wars-Celebration-Chicago-2019-079.jpgs.jpg
    Collector-Panel-Star-Wars-Celebration-Chicago-2019-079.jpgs.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 9

looking at this makes me want to use the medi boots for this mod as they're more accurate.
also b/c I'm broke and don't want to buy much of anything :lol (Damn you DX Joker! *shakes fist*)

Just a little mod I am working on, since everyone hates the boots. what do you guys think?

DSC03225.jpg

yo.jpg

sorry for the bad pics.

but Eds mod looks nice too!

oh what to do!?

I think Medi's look good on the Medi or the DX, but for the Takara I would pick the HT.

but you do what you want to of course. I should have pics up in a bit of my idea for the leg mod.

Okay, so here goes. You're going to have to cut the HT leg at that line, and superglue it onto where the Takara leg comes apart. It's not going to look perfectly matched up, but the point is it remains just as tall, (actually a little shorter, which is good), and retains articulation and allows a better boot.

DSC03323-1.jpg

DSC03324.jpg

Personally I'm going to try it, but what do you guys think?

Made a huge difference.

P1100372.jpg

P1100373.jpg

He's still no HT OC Bats, but I really like him a lot more now. :)

That looks sharp.

Yeah, the inside of the elbows look a little odd (maybe you pushed the gauntlets back on funny?), but the torso looks much beefier now. Nicely done.

If he twists them around, blades pointing out the way it's suppose to be, it should be sorted which should create the appearance he's wider with the proper look. It looks like a gladiator at the moment with no blades. :)

Interesting. I'll have to look at screen caps. I always thought that the blades would be facing behind in that pose...

^^yea I don't remember his gauntlets being pointed out. for mine atleast, I never have them that way.

though one thing I noticed in the pics (you might of changed it already though) is that you need to switch the gauntlets to their proper forearm (left one to right and right one to left) smooth on the outter sides of the gauntlets, and the inner sides have the middle "line" detail.

I decided to go ahead and stuff the arms/shoulders as well.

Here I am half done:

P1100378.jpg

Can you guess which arm is finished?

Here he is done (just a quick snap).

P1100387.jpg

The shoulders look nice and round now instead of the awkward square shape they had.

Plus the whole figure feels nice and solid now. Doesn't have that toy feel at all anymore. :)

That's impressive! He looks suitably beefy, just as he should be. A puny Batman is no batman at all :)

Mine has always looked like that. It never had a glossy look. :dunno

Put a few more touches on the Takara.

Added a bit of cotton to the upper traps area. For some reason his shoulders have always been high. Higher than the traps. Now that's fixed.

I'm pretty confident that I'm done with modifying the upper body now.

I cut off the goofy tabs, and although I do recommend it, I recommend it cautiously. With the tabs removed there is a kind of funny indentation at the top of the hip (just below the belt) that is more noticeable with the tabs gone... Now I'm wondering if there is a way to get some cotton in the hips... I may cut some little hole to do so...

Anyway, here are some updated pics:

P1100468.jpg

P1100467.jpg

^^^Just a couple different exposures to make sure you can see it clearly.

He makes for a truly badass display now. All you have to do is hide the ugly boots. ;)

P1100481.jpg

Improvements I may yet make:

• Find a way to get a bit of cotton in the hips just below the belt.

• Get a custom cape.

• Maybe do some reshaping of the neck just above the joint to make the seam less noticeable.

• Have the head/cowl repainted.

• Possibly get some Hot Toys boots.

Last edited:
Back