The time has come - People's Picks 2014 voting is now open!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was salivating at all dem Hot Toys categories.

And I agree with the 'Dev. FOTY should require no out of the box changes.

I voted. Not having Mega Bloks Call of Duty or their Assassin's Creed in the building sets category is a major oversight. Also including the truly terrible McFarlane Walking Dead build stuff instead has got to be a joke. At least with the Mega Bloks you could actually build other interesting things with them as you should with any block build system, the McFarlane build sets are just poorly conceived model kits.

He was on the initial list, but sadly didn't make the final cut.

The statue category is one of the toughest to choose this year, at least for me.

Voting ends today - and I'm wrapping up my Best/Worst of 2014 article as well, so expect that later this week!

Hot Toys Robocop Outstanding Paint?

It's the wrong bloody colour!

As the thread over in Aliens and Robots has demonstrated, that's open to (lively, heated) debate. Two things are for sure though - one is that the finish is uniformly flawless across the entire figure to an extent I've never seen before on anything else, the other is that most colour problems disappear once you get it into a cabinet and out of a lightbox, away from white backdrops and out of harsh, direct lighting.

IMG_3322.jpg

It's interesting - my choices for the Hot Toys nominations and theirs were very different on a couple of the categories. But they were very adamant about which figures they felt belonged in each category, and really wanted Robocop nominated for the Eddie Wires award. Personally, I preferred the Iron Patriot, but in the end I deferred to them, since they are judges as well.

It's interesting - my choices for the Hot Toys nominations and theirs were very different on a couple of the categories. But they were very adamant about which figures they felt belonged in each category, and really wanted Robocop nominated for the Eddie Wires award. Personally, I preferred the Iron Patriot, but in the end I deferred to them, since they are judges as well.

I don't own an Iron Patriot (yet), but having seen one in the flesh at a local shop, I think that would have been a great choice. Pictures don't really prepare you for how amazingly real the metallic finish is.

Back