The time has come - People's Picks 2014 voting is now open!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's time! Time to vote in the People's Pick Awards for the best collectibles of 2014! Right now, the 159 industry judges are voting on the Poppies, the only industry based awards for pop culture collectibles. You can find a list of these judges here:

The Poppies - the annual pop culture collectibles (action figures, statues, busts and more) industry awards!

These folks come from 5 categories: companies, retailers, artists, collectors and media. They have spent the last couple months arguing, debating, and deciding on the nominees for the Poppies and People's Picks ballots, and are now voting them selves. Here's your chance to add your voice by voting in the parallel awards known as the People's Picks!

The ballot is here:

The Poppies - the annual pop culture collectibles industry awards!

The ballot will remain open until January 25th, giving me time to then tabulate and write up the results, along with a comparison of the results of this and the Poppies.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks for participating!

Michael
MWC

NECA got most of my votes this year. In fact I don't think I voted for a single Hot Toys item in any category, a few blunders and missed opportunities that I couldn't forgive. I abstained from a bunch of categories.

NECA got most of my votes this year. In fact I don't think I voted for a single Hot Toys item in any category, a few blunders and missed opportunities that I couldn't forgive. I abstained from a bunch of categories.

Not even the DX13, a-dev?

I want to vote, but I haven't seen many of the pieces in Hand. Is it ok to base voting off pictures?

DX13 was last year. And this years crop all had some major disappointment attached so I felt I couldn't vote for any of them.

How in the world is the Hot Toys '66 Batman not on the list of best male figures? I'd say it's a superior figure to the Batman on the list, and, frankly, a couple of the others, even with snags.

As to those nominations of Hot Toys - they are on the judging panel, and therefore involved in the nominations process. They felt VERY strongly that those four figures should be the ones in that category. I didn't particularly agree, but I debated it with them for awhile but ended up respecting their wishes.

I understand. I was very surprised, and a bit disappointed, though, as I believe he's one of HT's best releases...well, ever, frankly.

As to those nominations of Hot Toys - they are on the judging panel, and therefore involved in the nominations process. They felt VERY strongly that those four figures should be the ones in that category. I didn't particularly agree, but I debated it with them for awhile but ended up respecting their wishes.

I don't know about Star-Lord, but the rest of the Hot Toys are definitely the best of the year, EXCEPT Batman '66 beats them all.

DX13 was last year. And this years crop all had some major disappointment attached so I felt I couldn't vote for any of them.

I thought you liked the T1 BD T-800 FOTY you said if done with a little futzing don't you own like 4? I don't get you sometimes man..... :monkey3 <------means J/K

I thought you liked the T1 BD T-800 FOTY you said if done with a little futzing don't you own like 4? I don't get you sometimes man..... :monkey3 <------means J/K

The thing is, an actual FOTY shouldn't require mods and extra expenditure to correct problems. That's why I couldn't believe that the DX12 Batman apparently won it one year - the most modded figure in history. So even if I said what you're suggesting I said I would never have actually voted it as FOTY myself. And yes I bought 3 and built up a few others. It's a salvageable figure and Terminator is my main thing so....

Last edited:
The thing is, an actual FOTY shouldn't require mods and extra expenditure to correct problems. That's why I couldn't believe that the DX12 Batman apparently won it one year - the most modded figure in history. So even if I said what you're suggesting I said I would never have actually voted it as FOTY myself. And yes I bought 3 and built up a few others. It's a salvageable figure and Terminator is my main thing so....

God you really are picky when it comes to those Arnie's huh? :wink1:

Back