The Thing Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, Ben has gone up in price. Check out the recent ebay auctions...some coming close to $400 shipped for the reg!

I just snagged mine, should be here in a few weeks. Marvel Sample Exclusive. :rock

Man, Ben has gone up in price. Check out the recent ebay auctions...some coming close to $400 shipped for the reg!

I just snagged mine, should be here in a few weeks. Marvel Sample Exclusive. :rock

Did you go with the Modern Ex. or the 'regular' Exclusive?

Did you go with the Modern Ex. or the 'regular' Exclusive?

Definitely the regular exclusive. Call me strange, but I think the big rock feet are one of the best parts of the statue. Plus I prefer the open mouth head, so it was a no brainer for me.

Man, Ben has gone up in price. Check out the recent ebay auctions...some coming close to $400 shipped for the reg!I just snagged mine, should be here in a few weeks. Marvel Sample Exclusive. :rock

wow really?? I guess once it finally sold out a ssc, it eventually would end up heading up. This guy could've been had for below $200 a few years ago.

A very underrated piece imo. I've got both the reg ex. and the international ex. both are great pieces and a must have for anyone who wants a companion for the hulk pfs:lecture

Definitely the regular exclusive. Call me strange, but I think the big rock feet are one of the best parts of the statue. Plus I prefer the open mouth head, so it was a no brainer for me.

Congrats. :rock :rock :rock

Probably the last (or at least one of the last) Marvel PFs I'd ever sell.

Be sure to post some pics!

This will be my first "hero" PF. I said I wasn't going to get into anything except horror/villains (mostly for money reasons), but every time I went through the "Show us your shelves" thread,and someone had Ben, it just stood out to me. Something about the relative simplicity of the design is appealing, combined with the 'heft'. Same could be said for the Hulk, but I just can't afford him yet.

This will be my first "hero" PF. I said I wasn't going to get into anything except horror/villains (mostly for money reasons), but every time I went through the "Show us your shelves" thread,and someone had Ben, it just stood out to me. Something about the relative simplicity of the design is appealing, combined with the 'heft'. Same could be said for the Hulk, but I just can't afford him yet.

You NEED to get the Hulk. :lecture

As someone here would say it :monkey3 "NOW YOU KNOW TRUE POWAAAA!" WHEN you DO get Hulk. :wink1:

The Hulk PF is a masterpiece. Very under-rated. :monkey3 Get him while it still cheap.

Cheap!?! I would love an income where I could call Hulk cheap! :thud:

I strongly prefer the Gray one...nothing to do with the rarity/value, just really no comparison IMO. But, of course, that bumps the cost up.

Someday...up until then, Ben is going to have to fight the Red Skull (he is Jewish, after all...)

Cheap!?! I would love an income where I could call Hulk cheap! :thud:

I strongly prefer the Gray one...nothing to do with the rarity/value, just really no comparison IMO. But, of course, that bumps the cost up.

Someday...up until then, Ben is going to have to fight the Red Skull (he is Jewish, after all...)

Not to brag but I love my 2 Hulkies :wink1:

I think if you really want the Hulk PF, you just have to save & set some money aside until you can afford it. Good Luck Mighty G. I'm sure you will grace a Hulk PF in the very near future.

205pb10.jpg
hulkpf1
jqgs8w.jpg
GH2

Last edited:
OK, I know this guy has been around for awhile....but I just got him today and I must say HE IS AWESOME!! So, so, so very under rated... If sideshow ever does the rest of the FF in premium format I think there is gonna be alot of people wanting this guy.
The one thing I was so impressed and surprised about, was the fact that the EX head actually had a set of upper teeth also....I had never seen a picture that showed that and thus didn't even know they were there behind his upper lip... Now that is attention to detail! :clap Anyway... here is a quick pic showing Ben's Chompers for those who have never seen.

Now if i could get a green hulk....I want hulk B.A.D. :gah:

OK, I know this guy has been around for awhile....but I just got him today and I must say HE IS AWESOME!! So, so, so very under rated... If sideshow ever does the rest of the FF in premium format I think there is gonna be alot of people wanting this guy.
The one thing I was so impressed and surprised about, was the fact that the EX head actually had a set of upper teeth also....I had never seen a picture that showed that and thus didn't even know they were there behind his upper lip... Now that is attention to detail! :clap Anyway... here is a quick pic showing Ben's Chompers for those who have never seen.

Now if i could get a green hulk....I want hulk B.A.D. :gah:

He is indeed very under rated. I love the EX (open mouth of this). Congrats on your Thing & hope you can get a Hulk PF down the road to go with this. :hi5:

I have to take some new photos of mine.

I agree with VS and tclapp. VERY underrated. It's one of the few PFs (Marvel-wise) that I see keeping for a long time. The 'big guy' has a place in my heart for some reason.

*sigh* It is very under rated. I wish I had never sold mine years ago. One of many collectibles that I have regretted selling off due to this damn economy.

*sigh* It is very under rated. I wish I had never sold mine years ago. One of many collectibles that I have regretted selling off due to this damn economy.

I've had to scale my collection way back as well, so I'm right there with you. There's a number of pieces I wish I didn't have to let go.

Back