The Thing Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe to you. I don't like the tight on him. That is the reason, he is not in my collection.

:lol:lol just some gentle ribbing man. just surprised there's a marvel piece you don't have

:lecture :lecture :lecture

The Modern Ex. is so great that a thread has been made EXCLUSIVELY for this variant.

Click below:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43184

really..........i'll have to check out that awesome thread.:D

I am really happy with the purchase I am going to get into life size busts now since I got this statue I did not realize how nice they were. You can see a review on this and most new Hot Toys figures on my YouTube channel Johnnyr2525. Thanks for looking

kinda a big jump there isn't it.:naughty a lot of people believe it's the only line to collect though and are quite happy with it.

They are angry because They are hungry.

P1070893.jpg

P1070894.jpg

I got the thing PF ex a couple of months ago. Love everything about it. Now if SSC will just make the last 3 members......

I don't need a nameplate...I have them venom EX and the nameplate has never seen the outside of the foam wrap

Maybe it is just me, I have 6 LSB now, I always love to display with the nameplate, without them, they look weird.

Can anybody tell me, if the regular edition of the Thing PF has a visible line at the neck? I heard it's one piece and the Excl. comes with two different heads, so does the Reg. look better with the standard head?

I don't get what you mean by "visible line in the neck". It is certainly there but not visible at all.

Both heads look really nice although I really liked the EX the most. At least that is the one I had on display for the longest tiime.

I sold it a couple of months ago, it was just a space eater. I still miss him :(

Can anybody tell me, if the regular edition of the Thing PF has a visible line at the neck? I heard it's one piece and the Excl. comes with two different heads, so does the Reg. look better with the standard head?

I have the Modern Ex. (no switch-out head) and I don't notice a seam. It may be there, but it's never bothered me.

Thank you all! :) What I meant was the difference between the regular edition and the Exclusive. From what I heard, the Reg. is one solid piece, so I wouldn't expect a line, where the head/neck begins. Since the Ex comes with two heads, I thought there must be a noticable line.

My confusion came from a picture like that:

the-thing-14-premium-format-figure.jpg

Image source: https://cdn.webshopapp.com/f/zzc3bo/the-thing-14-premium-format-figure.jpg

But now that I saw some video reviews of the statue, I know that there isn't a seamless transitition between the neck and the rest of the body (that's what I thought, looking at the picture). The neck is supposed to be a little "deeper" because of the pose (hard to describe, but I hope you know, what I mean).

In this case, I think there isn't a difference between the Reg. and the Excl. with the regular head.

To make a long story short: The question has been answered, the riddle has been solved - thanks! :D

I bought the original way back when for less than $200 shipped! (Yeah its underrated) and I can see where the seam would be for the EX head if I look for it but on display it isn't noticeable.

Odd question - what is the difference in the art box for the "Modern" version? Is it just a sticker?

Odd question - what is the difference in the art box for the "Modern" version? Is it just a sticker?

Good question. If I remember right the art is the same, but it's been so long I can't remember (I had the EX Thing and decided to return Modern Thing, since I thought 2 of them was one too many).

Back