The Thing Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who did that repaint? I wouldn't mind send mine to them for the same treatment.

Who did that repaint? I wouldn't mind send mine to them for the same treatment.

It was done by a good friend of mine in the UK :) but let me advise anyone thinking of sending this piece for a Repaint that the shipping costs would be astronomical :horror

Yeah, the new paint makes it really pop. Congrats, RB. :rock

Thanks buddy :) yea, couldn't be happier :hi5:

This truly has to be the most undervalued PF out there

Couldn't agree more :exactly:

Great repaint indeed. Really makes him come alive and looks true to the comic.

Thanks Chris :) that's exactly what I said once I saw the repaint for the first time :) definately true to the comic :hi5:

Yeah, not shipping to the UK. Might look for an east coast artist to repaint mine.

Whats the going rate for the non ex?

Man I think I got the EX for about 400 delivered which is crazy. I guess them not making the other 3 actually hurt this piece because I'm fairly certain if they had this would be up there with some of the other early pieces in price. The sculpt is truly phenomenal. Sometimes I consider buying the new Doom and having them in a face off pose. So epic.

Yeah I don't know why this isn't a 1K statue. Like as was said before if just one other Fantastic Four PF member had been released this might be more sought after. This thread is raising awareness though I guess ha.

Man I think I got the EX for about 400 delivered which is crazy. I guess them not making the other 3 actually hurt this piece because I'm fairly certain if they had this would be up there with some of the other early pieces in price. The sculpt is truly phenomenal. Sometimes I consider buying the new Doom and having them in a face off pose. So epic.

I was really excited because at a LCS I seen this on sale for 199.99. That was stupid of me because on closer inspection it was a Hard Hero Thing and not SS... needless to say when I actually looked up close I was quite disappointed and felt quite dumb but thats what happens when you are viewing something from 8 feet away lol

Found this at a local auction house. Definitely a Frankenstein repair attempt by the last owner.

20160424_134031_zpsav8iamkr.jpg

To my surprise the auction house found the original head. Unfortunately I can't use it because the EX head is glued on. That's only the beginning. But for $50 I felt like I couldn't pass it up.

Back