The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think Ive seen this mentioned yet, but the E channel is running 2 new (or new to me) E True Hollywood Story's, 1 about TCM story and another about Scarface. They ran back to back Sun night.

the TCM one covered from the first all the way up to the new unreleased one.

DarkArtist81 said:
Damn straight!!

Wow, these next few years are going to be quite the couple of years for 80's horror fans... Michael Myers returns, Leatherface is going strong, Jason making a comeback??? It's like I died and went to Insane Killer Heaven!!! :lol

Yes it is nice to see some old killers back on the scene. Lets hope they do them justice!!! And someone should make a new NOES movie. Go back to part one and offer us a joke free child killing machine!!!!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up Oc. I will check that out Sunday. I love TCM!

As much as I loved the original, for me, the "remake" felt more like a sequel, or just another entry in the continuing franchise.
I really like both versions, as they are both good horror films in their own ways.

I always saw TCM03 as TEXAS CHAINSAW V, or a reboot, rather than a straight up remake. The feel, story elements and characters were different enough from the original, but similar enough to be a new part of the franchise. Sure, the basic plot is the same, but the plot has pretty much been the same in all TCM films.

Even though the events happen around the same time as they did in the original, the family is obviously different. In the first four films, Leatherface seemed to wind up in a different family, after PART 2, so this could possibly be another case of that.

I would like to see THE BEGINNING, but not as a prequel to a remake, but as sort of a "TCM 6," which happens to take place before the events in "Part 5", as I'm sure it will be. :cool:

I finaly figured out who inspired the character leatherface, some freak from wisconsin named Ed Geine, he inspired buffalo bill from silience of the lambs to. Eddie used to skin people and when police searched his house they found boxes of women genatalia, and a chick skin suit, as well as human furniture.they used this true story to create the ol leatherface. The entire story can be found on https://filmforce.ign.com/articles/736/736910p1.html

rabidwolverine21 said:
I finaly figured out who inspired the character leatherface, some freak from wisconsin named Ed Geine, he inspired buffalo bill from silience of the lambs to. Eddie used to skin people and when police searched his house they found boxes of women genatalia, and a chick skin suit, as well as human furniture.they used this true story to create the ol leatherface. The entire story can be found on https://filmforce.ign.com/articles/736/736910p1.html

Yeah Ed was a real sick-o. He also inspired Norman Bates from Psycho.

Anyone else notice that this is only 84 MINUTES??!?!! WTF!!!

That is very disappointing. I doubt they can effectively get a decent story in with a less than a 1.5 hour running time.

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong...

Sith Lord 0498 said:

That is very disappointing. I doubt they can effectively get a decent story in with a less than a 1.5 hour running time.

Who needs story when you have a chainsaw and violence!?!?!?!

Sith Lord 0498 said:

The original THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE, the masterpiece that it is, is 84 minutes long.

So anyone else checking this out tonight? Looking forward to some good gore and creepiness!

Lembas Eater said:
The original THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE, the masterpiece that it is, is 84 minutes long.

At the risk of being lynched...

I didn't like the original at all. Too boring for me. I liked the remake better.

Not looking to start a flame war or get into a debate. Just my personal $0.02... :)

TCM:TB does sound good and I'll still see it. I just hope it doesn't feel too rushed in terms of story like what happened IMO with X3 and Revenge of the Sith.

Wor-Gar said:
I'm sorry, but you're not going to better Jessica Biel, her body, or the wardrobe she ran around it.
I agree. I drool a little everytime I watch that movie.
BUT!! ... I have absolutely no problem with Jordana Brewster being the lead in this one. :monkey5

JordanaBrewster01.jpg

Saw it earlier, pretty damn good movie. You don't notice that its short. There's of course some pretty intense gore, but nothing that makes you jump out of you seat. My money is still with the original original, but definitely a fun movie especially if you like the splatter fests.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
As much as I loved the original, for me, the "remake" felt more like a sequel, or just another entry in the continuing franchise.
I really like both versions, as they are both good horror films in their own ways.

I always saw TCM03 as TEXAS CHAINSAW V, or a reboot, rather than a straight up remake. The feel, story elements and characters were different enough from the original, but similar enough to be a new part of the franchise. Sure, the basic plot is the same, but the plot has pretty much been the same in all TCM films.

Even though the events happen around the same time as they did in the original, the family is obviously different. In the first four films, Leatherface seemed to wind up in a different family, after PART 2, so this could possibly be another case of that.

I would like to see THE BEGINNING, but not as a prequel to a remake, but as sort of a "TCM 6," which happens to take place before the events in "Part 5", as I'm sure it will be. :cool:

you're are forgetting something though, Leather from 2003 or and the first one are not the same guy, One's name is Thomas and the other's name is booker. The 2003 and 2006 films have NOTHING to do with other films.

rabidwolverine21 said:

Not to sound like a jerk, but where have you been? I thought that was commonly known at this point? Hmmm. any way I saw it last night, awesome stuff, go Tommy! ha

I saw it, it's alright. I wish there was more of a psychology aspect to it.

I liked the family from the original, they seemed more psychotic, eps the brother.

The Original TCM ending had me cracking up.

occulum said:
I agree. I drool a little everytime I watch that movie.
BUT!! ... I have absolutely no problem with Jordana Brewster being the lead in this one. :monkey5

JordanaBrewster01.jpg

oh boy!! ive been in love with her since she was in the faculty.:D

Man this was brutal. I'm surprised they got so much violence and gore into a R rated movie. I think Ermeys Sheriff Hoyt is a far more monster than Leatherface.

EVILFACE said:
Man this was brutal. I'm surprised they got so much violence and gore into a R rated movie. I think Ermeys Sheriff Hoyt is a far more monster than Leatherface.

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Back