Action Figure The Terminator (1984) 1/1 Lifesize bust COMPLETE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the piece, but it looks like he is bald with a toupee on, just saw a guy at the gym with the exact piece on. might have got it from the same place. otherwise love it. is the hair glued on or how is it attached?

Got any other ideas for attaching hair to a resin bust? I'd rather take this approach than to adding sculpted hair on to a resin bust, until inevitably, I start doing silicone busts.

Matt: I suggest fuzzing the hair a bit more forward. Also, try parting the hair on his right side. He had floppy, parted hair before he got the mullet treatment (see pics of my statue for tips).

And yeah, those glasses gotta go...too small (looks like the glasses to the PF. :rotfl)

-Joe

IMG_1678.jpg

Looks great mattman. Would you be able to post comparisons pic of this bust vs your Howard S T1 and your Howard S T2 battle damaged bust ?

That bust is pretty good, but for some reason it looks more like the older Arnold during his T3 days instead of the younger 80s Arnold or even 90s Arnold. It's almost like a 2003 Arnold was done up for a "flashback" sequence of the events in 1984. Make up here, hair plugs there, a little bit of hair dye.

I think it's because of the length of the gap between the mouth and the nose as well as the size of the mouth and the nose. In fact, that IS the problem.

IMG_1678.jpg
IMG_1678.jpg

Last edited:
Matt: I suggest fuzzing the hair a bit more forward. Also, try parting the hair on his right side. He had floppy, parted hair before he got the mullet treatment (see pics of my statue for tips).

And yeah, those glasses gotta go...too small (looks like the glasses to the PF. :rotfl)

-Joe

Thanks for the tip, Joe! :)

Looks great mattman. Would you be able to post comparisons pic of this bust vs your Howard S T1 and your Howard S T2 battle damaged bust ?

Sure. I'll get a few pics up later.

That bust is pretty good, but for some reason it looks more like the older Arnold during his T3 days instead of the younger 80s Arnold or even 90s Arnold. It's almost like a 2003 Arnold was done up for a "flashback" sequence of the events in 1984. Make up here, hair plugs there, a little bit of hair dye.

I think it's because of the length of the gap between the mouth and the nose as well as the size of the mouth and the nose. In fact, that IS the problem.

As for it looking like T3 Arnold, you have to remember that Joe used a T3 laser scan bust as the base for this, and if you ask me, he did one heck of a job resculpting it to make it look like Arnold circa 1984:

Here's a comparison between the geezer T3 I've been doing and the T1:

SDC13223.jpg
arniepicsd072.jpg

I can see what you're saying about the mouth maybe needing to be a couple centimeters higher, but aside from that, I don't think you'll find a better 1:1 representation of Arnold from T1.

illbeback4.jpg

Here's some quick comparison shots (sorry some are a little blurry):

with my Howard S T1 bust. Still a great sculpt, but I think this one beats it in terms of accuracy and realism.

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

and with my Howard S T2 Silicone Bust:

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Wow Matt they really are great pics and a stunning collection. Love the second from last pic :)

Nice pics Matt! I like the second to last one alot.

You're absolutely right. If you read up early on this thread, I complained about the lips being too low, like an old man. Some other details are bugging me about it too.

I was going to wait awhile until I did a "version 2" bust, but it's just bugging me too much. Keep an eye out soon for a nice surprise in this thread. ;)

-Joe

Nice pics Matt! I like the second to last one alot.

You're absolutely right. If you read up early on this thread, I complained about the lips being too low, like an old man. Some other details are bugging me about it too.

I was going to wait awhile until I did a "version 2" bust, but it's just bugging me too much. Keep an eye out soon for a nice surprise in this thread. ;)

-Joe

:horror
Awesome!:panic::panic::panic:

Here's a quick teaser:

SDC14004.jpg

I'll have more thorough pics up as soon as I'm finished with it. ;)

Still have some more tweaks to do...

-Joe

Alright, here's some pictures:
SDC14003.jpg

SDC14000.jpg

SDC13999.jpg

SDC14005.jpg

SDC14006.jpg

I added some other details since taking these pics on the left side jaw.

Some people have complained to me about the endo eye and that I should have used something a bit more accurate, positioned it better, etc, but honestly, I think most people are going to have Gargoyles on him anyhow.

Also, I plan doing a battle damaged T1 in the future that looks close to this (complete with more accurate endo parts):

vlcsnap-26622.png

Back to the main topic, here's some comparison pics:

vlcsnap-8174572.jpg

SDC14002.jpg

I tried to get the distance between the lips and the nose down but damn, it's hard. Is it perfect? Nope, but it looks close enough for me.

And, just as Matt pointed out, I tried emulating this particular screen cap (after he says "I'll be back").

vlcsnap-296001.png

You can see that in my very first post on this thread. ;)

Anyone interested in a completed painted copy, PM as I going to do small run of these completed here and want to get a list together.

-Joe

I really like what you have done to the mouth especially how you managed to make the mouth look more pronounced. The jaw line now looks more chiseled making him look younger :)
It really does make a huge difference and will look even better painted.
Brilliant work as always Joe.
Just makes me even more impatient :(

Back