The Stussy x Marvel Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
I can't wait for this, I collected clothes from the Ecko and Johnny Blaze Marvel lines, really looking forward to these!

The Stussy x Marvel Project

Stussy and Marvel team-up to bring you some eye popping threads
Posted Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Sometimes the citizens of Earth encounter a threat that is so big that not one, but two super heroes are needed to save the world. This time, the threat is not looking fresh enough for your date with that Jean Grey look-a-like or Captain America-level hunk! You can't take that arm candy to see "Thor" on May 6 without some new threads!

Thankfully, we have your outfit covered with the Stussy x Marvel Project!

Stussy has teamed-up with Marvel to bring you a collection of tees and hats that immerses classic characters from the Marvel Universe and teleports them into Stussy's galactic sphere of iconic imagery. The collection will be released in two batches:

Series 1 (April 27, 2011)

A collection of tees and hats that fuse archival Marvel images with Stussy’s iconic graphic language. Stussy scoured comic book conventions, eBay, and local comic book stores for old issues with classic covers that would mold well with Stussy’s design aesthetic. Scanned from the original comic books and rare collectors' posters from the 1960's - 1990's, the tee designs capture the essence of the characters, the texture of vintage comic books and the soulfulness of the Stussy brand.

Series 2 (May 6, 2011)

A collection of tees and hats that feature new works by a pool of international artists, invited to revisit their childhood inspirations and interpret their favorites, utilizing their signature styles. Artists include Noah Eutkus, Mr. Cartoon, Todd James, James Jarvis, John K., Gary Panter, Bill Plympton, David Shrigley and Will Sweeney.

The Stussy x Marvel Project will be available at all Stussy Chapter Stores and select specialty accounts around the world.

So keep your eyes peeled for more info and images right here on Marvel.com, True Believers! This special collection will be flying off shelves before you can say, "By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth!"

72074ad6.jpg

cd7eb3d2.jpg

what is it?

streetwear. i always saw them as pioneers in appropriating urban culture (such as skateboarding, tagging, DJing) into branding, but in a genuine way, not in a cynical GAP kind of way. haven't seen any of their stuff in a while though, so not sure what kind of crap they're producing now.

what's next....Bad Boy getting into comics or pop culture licenses, or what about Z. Cavaricci? :lol

This isn't the first time a clothing company has collaborated with Marvel, Ecko and Johnny Blaze also did clothing lines with them.

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

!CEUPshwB2k~$(KGrHqJ,!iQE0Gj6E(bPBNRdUS(Q9w~~3_3.JPG

those shirts look like crap :rotfl
That's your opinion and one that I don't value. I've learned that from the T-Shirt thread.

Yeah they do. They scream late 1980s early 1990s all over them!
Well seeing as Marvel has been around since the 40's I don't see that as a problem. Comics should always have a retro feel to them.

Back