The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the first picture (shown with the apple, which is also apparently the "front" of the statue because of the placard) it appears to me that the alien is either about to fall over, or is lifting it's back leg to pee (insert picture of a fire hydrant behind it lol)..

Fixed.
11-8-2018 10-54-50 AM.jpg

The movement is weird. I find it very strange. Yet I like it a lot also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a video showcase of the maquette from Alec Gillis's instagram page. Looks absolutely stunning!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp8JqQCgBfy/

Since so many seem to think that the original maquettes were cast from the rod puppet for some reason,which they weren't. The Chris Cunningham clay sculpt was used to make the molds that both the maquettes and the rod puppets were cast from.

Here are a couple of of publicly available pictures of one of the rod puppets at Fox,just for some comparison.Considering it's made of rubber and it's age, it's still in pretty good shape.

dogalien1.jpg

dogalien3.jpg

If you think that paint job blows away the paint job on the Prime 1, you are delusional.

"You" haven't and probably never will see one close-up and in person to notice the difference. There is more detail in that paintwork than you realize! Lighting has a huge impact on what you are currently seeing. The P1 isn't even the right tone of brown and even looks greenish in recent photo's because of the lighting. Look how different the P1/CP looks at shows compared to the P1 promotional pictures. Besides that, the underlining detail in the paint still isn't even close. Ask someone who owns several of the actual ADI maquetes how much detail is in that paintwork.

"You" haven't and probably never will see one close-up and in person to notice the difference. There is more detail in that paintwork than you realize! Lighting has a huge impact on what you are currently seeing. The P1 isn't even the right tone of brown and even looks greenish in recent photo's because of the lighting. Look how different the P1/CP looks at shows compared to the P1 promotional pictures. Besides that, the underlining detail in the paint still isn't even close. Ask someone who owns several of the actual ADI maquetes how much detail is in that paintwork.

Out of interest, have you seen both the ADI and P1 versions in person?

I would love to see the ADI in person,but I don't need to :lol. It's very apparent to me what the underlining paint element and other detail differences are.I have private pictures of many of the ADI maquettes that show the paintwork on those original pieces in great detail,from various angles and under various lighting conditions.The new ADI maquette shares the same paintwork lineage.

Apparently he and some others need to see the ADI maquette in person to notice the differences. For some that's the only way they can clearly see those differences.That's fair enough,but from the way he tries to constantly bash it,I'm guessing he doesn't have the slightest inclination in purchasing one and it's probably even less likely anyone in his circle will either. So hence my previous comment.

To be honest with you I would never buy a statue like this for that price. However I wouldn’t knock it neither. Prime 1 has theirs it’s amazing no doubt. Though I’ve studied the two for two days. The ADI one is seriously better. The details have more depth to it. Not just the paint. The actual sculpt. In person I know the ADI piece will blow the Prime 1 piece away. Like how 4K HDR is to 1080P.

Big congrats to anyone getting this beast!

0a27f7869821d233beb2343ddb26b087.jpg

535ed7352d0a7202a1a9c42088c6ded9.png

079b1a6929eaeceaceb42e5fbd6453aa.png

6842ab5e1e44c1bfb494d9868632925c.jpg

09a726144a7bde143ba6474d695b2bde.png

df4a66c9e62000313e6890ae16b18946.png

To be honest with you I would never buy a statue like this for that price. However I wouldn’t knock it neither. Prime 1 has theirs it’s amazing no doubt. Though I’ve studied the two for two days. The ADI one is seriously better. The details have more depth to it. Not just the paint. The actual sculpt. In person I know the ADI piece will blow the Prime 1 piece away. Like how 4K HDR is to 1080P.

Big congrats to anyone getting this beast!

Yes,properly capturing those details from the molds and the resulting finishing work are an art all unto themselves.Glad to see that you also notice some of the differences:clap Those video stills still don't capture it properly.

Tread carefully though,this delusional behavior might spread!:lol

I honestly have very different opinion, regrding to the sculpt, I think cp/p1s may have even more details and could be sharper, while ADI for sure will be more accurate to the puppet.

Guys, you remember the time like 10 or 15 or more years back, when some started to collect kits and/or statues?

In my thinking it's quite awesome to have this diversity on the market and a choice from different highly professional products.

There's always a difference and an individual attempt to create a product. It's like the same discussion about cars and the choice to buy.

Yeah, you could get the P1 Dog Alien, Pennywise and T1 Terminator

2 of those being half scale pieces. Imaging that set up.

It is a great piece. I don't think anyone here is calling it crap. And yeah, the detailing and finish work might be better than the P1 (debatable still), but is it over 3X better? In my opinion, no.

Back