The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong. I like their work, but this is not fare.

The Alien Resurrection Queen was the one from Aliens from the Stan Winston molds. Some parts were missing so they had to do it again or resculpt some damaged ones. it was in 1:1 scale. and they changed the color to match the sepia tone.
So basically the Queen design in Aliens and Alien 4 is the same. It's a known fact and there is no problem with that.

But it's another thing, to take the AVP queen head and the under part of the AVP Queen crown and make it sounds like it's normal.

They are kinda saying it's a mix but when you look at their reference product for this Queen they are mentionning Alien 4 and Alien 2 (AQ4A2)
Problem here, this is not the case.

Claiming it is movie accurate afterward is weird. At least for me.

And again, I love ADI and their work. Don't get me wrong.
But in that case, it's not really fare.

According to the description the only thing that they say is accurate to the A:R queen is the paint job. They aren't stating that molds are accurate to the A:R version.

The Queen made a brief appearance in Alien: Resurrection, before being offed by her offspring. While this particular sculpt was created for a different entry in the franchise, her highly detailed rich sepia color scheme is exact to the full scale version we created for Resurrection.

According to the description the only thing that they say is accurate to the A:R queen is the paint job. They aren't stating that molds are accurate to the A:R version.

The Queen made a brief appearance in Alien: Resurrection, before being offed by her offspring. While this particular sculpt was created for a different entry in the franchise, her highly detailed rich sepia color scheme is exact to the full scale version we created for Resurrection.
I read this too and thought I have a galon of paint that's matched to the queen. I can probably paint up an old stool with it and sell it as a pain staking recreation as the queen. Isn't that technically the same thing?

I mean it's not that thing.
Calling it that thing doesn't make it that thing. Wts this then?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

yep
And I just got the confirmation that in fact, they used the whole AVP Queen molds to make this and try to mimic what was on screen for resurrection... So yeah they re-sculpted the top part of the crown using the avp queen molds. The under part is still the AVP design and the head is AVP design.

EDIT: ADI onfirmed that they used another Queen for this one and I was able to see the making of. Also it's now written in the description

Where did the assumption that it was actually accurate to the A:R/ALIENS sculpt come from?

I've never seen it on their site.It only mentions the paint job being accurate to the A:R queen,reason being that it is painted by Mike Larrabee who was involved with the original paint design.

Apparently we all have to wait until Chinese collector got it and post pics.
Direct from ADI.
714222f3d7ca7bcba62ea885b2096b63f724a88b.jpg
895f4d2762d0f7030600fa7604fa513d2797c5b2.jpg
89ce97014a90f6031ce7f3ed3512b31bb151ed95.jpg
816ae1fc1e178a82d2aa110afa03738da877e856.jpg
758a89efce1b9d1660421acbffdeb48f8d54645b.jpg
bd454563f6246b60be5adddee7f81a4c500fa294.jpg
007775b5c9ea15cef4438fa3ba003af33b87b2b3.jpg

Were you guys expecting anything less!
Now that is proper packaging!

In a few months or so there should be pictures of an A3 1/3 scale maquette in ADI's store.

Man that thing is ugly as sin but damn is it well captured in this reproduction. Looks like it stepped off the screen.

That's packaging. Lol. Be sure to keep the original shipper. Because people want that on the after market. [emoji23]

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Cool thanks for that. I'm still waiting to see what their 3 different dog alien maquettes look like

Man all those pieces are fantastic but such a pretty penny. It makes sense though since the actual studio is painting each product and they are coming from original molds, materials etc. Hopefully more affordable pieces come out but I am interested in a few. If I had 3 Grand for that 1/3 A:R Queen i'd buy that. Just amazing.

There are 4 poses available.They will be painted by Yuri Everson to the original paint work.
I'm interested to see how these translate from the art design into maquette form. There is one I like in particular and I might treat myself to one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They will be painted like the original maquettes that they made. Like the former ADI showroom maquette.

ADI display room maquette.jpg

Yeah these are beautiful, and the ones to get if you have that kind of money laying around. I don't, so I'll have to stick with my Peasant Prime 1 version which is more than close enough for me.

Back