The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree, it was pretty boring and nothing really happened. The only thing I enjoyed was the creepy scenes with the vampires lurking around, pretty cool.

I swear if they make her like Eichorst I'll be pissed.

Still really liking this show, including last night's episode. A lot of interesting story threads being introduced. I'm sorry the season is already starting to wind down.

That's quite an insinuation just cause 2 ppl found one episode boring :cuckoo:

It's not an insinuation so much as the consistent observation of a certain niche here on the boards. Every time there's an episode of a show that forgoes action and violence in favor of establishing story or building up to another plot point there's a tendency from this certain niche to rant with the "boring" or "yawn" posts. Even Ween pointed it out with her comparison to the TWD thread, so it's not just me. Perhaps looking at the episodes as being part of a bigger story and looking up the word "pacing" would help with your perceptions of the show, instead of sitting down and expecting mindless movement from one superficial point to the next? Otherwise, there's a plethora of reality television shows on nightly better suited to your troubled attention span. :huh

A solid episode last night. We had gore and a satisfying Straining (Dianne's) and a lot of setup, The last scene showing the strong bond between Kelly and Zack, means she'll be coming for him hard. The last 3 episodes should be wild. Also Nora gets a lot of hate. But i have to say , she really looks hot in jeans and t-shirt.

It's not an insinuation so much as the consistent observation of a certain niche here on the boards. Every time there's an episode of a show that forgoes action and violence in favor of establishing story or building up to another plot point there's a tendency from this certain niche to rant with the "boring" or "yawn" posts. Even Ween pointed it out with her comparison to the TWD thread, so it's not just me. Perhaps looking at the episodes as being part of a bigger story and looking up the word "pacing" would help with your perceptions of the show, instead of sitting down and expecting mindless movement from one superficial point to the next? Otherwise, there's a plethora of reality television shows on nightly better suited to your troubled attention span. :huh

I don't know about Scareb, but seeing as I only post in one TV show thread, just cause I have my personal opinions why one episode is boring to me, doesn't mean I have ADD, so yea, it's not even an insinuation, just nonsense on your part. An episode doesn't have to have action or violence to be deemed interesting. Most of the episode basically follows F's wife walk around the city doing basically nothing. It didn't further the story at all until she met with the master. Most of that other stuff was pointless to me. The dialogue was weak as well, one would expect a little cohesion between the group by now, but they all seem to have their own agendas at this point.

I don't know about Scareb, but seeing as I only post in one TV show thread, just cause I have my personal opinions why one episode is boring to me, doesn't mean I have ADD, so yea, it's not even an insinuation, just nonsense on your part. An episode doesn't have to have action or violence to be deemed interesting. Most of the episode basically follows F's wife walk around the city doing basically nothing. It didn't further the story at all until she met with the master. Most of that other stuff was pointless to me. The dialogue was weak as well, one would expect a little cohesion between the group by now, but they all seem to have their own agendas at this point.

I didn't single you out with my reply to Weenie. You felt I did. I think the problem lies with you, not me. I was making a generalized statement based on observations I've made. You felt it directly applied to you.

As for the episode, assuming they showed nothing regarding Kelly's infection but suddenly showed her as a strigoi with the master, the same crowd who thought this episode was boring would be ranting about the writers skipping parts. Catch 22. Was the episode slow? Debatable. Was it boring? Only for those who can't sit still to follow a deeper story.

I thought it was a decent episode. Yeah, it was a little slow, but still very interesting and compelling IMO. It will be interesting to see how strigoi Kelly is handled now. She will definitely be coming for Zack at some point. I know what happens in the book, but the show could go another angle. I liked the chemistry between Fet and Dutch. Much better than Eph and Nora. I hope that isn't the last we see of Dutch. I still think Fet, Dutch, Zack and Setrakian can carry this show all on their own.

I thought it was a decent episode. Yeah, it was a little slow, but still very interesting and compelling IMO. It will be interesting to see how strigoi Kelly is handled now. She will definitely be coming for Zack at some point. I know what happens in the book, but the show could go another angle. I liked the chemistry between Fet and Dutch. Much better than Eph and Nora. I hope that isn't the last we see of Dutch. I still think Fet, Dutch, Zack and Setrakian can carry this show all on their own.

Agree Wigan midst of what you said aside from Dutch, she was hard to stomach this episode

If you watch tv shows without the commercials, I find they flow easier

See I don't need flashyness dangled in my face in order to keep my attention. I read the books before going into the show so I'm all about plots and story. What I don't need is filler that accomplished absolutely nothing except pad the show a little. Fet and Dutch go on a completely pointless mission that was destined to fail and eph goes on his little adventure that ends up being pointless. I mean I would of been fine if the entire episode was just Kelly and her gradual trasnfornation. It really was the only exciting thing all episode.

I also did say I like what they did with vamps with their downright creepiness while they hunt. The way they look, their movements are all wrong. The show need that creepy factor from the start undressing of relying of shock scares.

The way they look, their movements are all wrong

NEVERMIND THIS: I suppose you mean different from how they're described in the books? It can't be "wrong" because the original authors are the creators of the TV series and must have had significant input and absolute final approval for every element of what you see on screen, including the above. What we're seeing is what they want us to see.

EDIT: I see now that "wrong" was being used as a compliment - which is strange, but I understand the context now. Yes, the behavior and movements were feral, awkward and cautious, like a recently escaped and very wary wild animal learning about its surroundings.

Last edited:
I suppose you mean different from how they're described in the books? It can't be "wrong" because the original authors are the creators of the TV series and must have had significant input and absolute final approval for every element of what you see on screen, including the above. What we're seeing is what they want us to see.

I think he meant "wrong" in regards to human behavior / movement. I didn't read it as a criticism of the source or authors.

I suppose you mean different from how they're described in the books? It can't be "wrong" because the original authors are the creators of the TV series and must have had significant input and absolute final approval for every element of what you see on screen, including the above. What we're seeing is what they want us to see.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Back