The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you'd know all about those vamp killers, ya. are they as interesting as their tv introduction makes them out to be?

I don't want to give anything away, but they are cool and have a role to play later on. The lead vamp killer, Mr Quinlan, is one of my favs in the book. Him and Fet are two of the most popular characters in the books, IMO. In the books though, I don't think Quinlan was introduced until the second novel. Defintely not as early as he has shown up in the tv series.

There's a 2 sentence explanation on Wikipedia if you look up The Strain and go down to Mr. Quinlan.

Or just click here -
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't want to give anything away, but they are cool and have a role to play later on. The lead vamp killer, Mr Quinlan, is one of my favs in the book. Him and Fet are two of the most popular characters in the books, IMO. In the books though, I don't think Quinlan was introduced until the second novel. Defintely not as early as he has shown up in the tv series.

There's a 2 sentence explanation on Wikipedia if you look up The Strain and go down to Mr. Quinlan.

Or just click here -
Spoiler Spoiler:

cool, thanks for the info guys! too bad there's only a few more episodes left to this season.

Just finally caught up with this week's episode last night.

Nothing about Nora is appealing. Not the character, not the actress...please kill her off. Yes, I know they won't, but I can always have hope.

Setrakian and Zack were great, and the flashbacks continue to work well. I was glad they kept the whole thing with his hands as well.

As to the Master, yea, he was pretty dorky looking. However, that might be on purpose. For those that read the books:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just finally caught up with this week's episode last night.

Nothing about Nora is appealing. Not the character, not the actress...please kill her off. Yes, I know they won't, but I can always have hope.

Setrakian and Zack were great, and the flashbacks continue to work well. I was glad they kept the whole thing with his hands as well.

As to the Master, yea, he was pretty dorky looking. However, that might be on purpose. For those that read the books:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yea, that's probably the wrong word...

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yea, it's all more scientific/biologic than most vampire stories.

That's pretty much it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Master's face didn't bother me, I was more bothered by his hands. They seemed too large and puppety (not a word). They dwarfed his head.

Just look at Andre the Giants hands. he could crush a persons melon with just one of them.

:lecture And Andre wasn't even all that tall at only 7'4".

AndresHand.jpg

Andre had big hands but overall his proportions seemed balanced. Along with large hands if you look he had a huge noggin. I know it's a small nitpick, but it was just something that stood out to me more so than the design of the face.

That was a pretty boring ass episode . I don't know if they were trying to establish some sort of emotion or special connection with F's wife, but it didn't work for me, I don't get why they did it. It's obvious there is a connection between her and the master , but following her through the whole episode was pointless. Worst episode so far.

That's what I think too. Something's going to happen later. This show is still creeping me the hell out, so it's doing it's job. :lol

Back