The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they should have left him cloaked. Throughout the season, I already had an image in my head of what he would look like judging by how menacing he sounded. The reveal left me thinking he looked like someone dressing up as an Orc for Halloween. Thought he would have looked more creepy and menacing.

porcix.jpg

I thought last night's episode was a little slow. Not bad, but they are really dragging out the Kelly missing storyline. I thought the Master looked more on the silly side. Personally, I am a big fan of leaving some details (like the Master's face) up to the viewer's imagination. As much as the Master's face made me giggle, it paled in comparison to how much I laughed at the Eph/Nora love scene. Yikes, that was passionless and uncomfortable to watch. Loved the scene's with Setrakian/Dutch/Fet/Zach. The four of them and Gus (if/when he ever finds them) could carry this show without Eph and Nora IMO.

yep, totally agree about the master. They dropped the ball on showing his face at all, just the eyes were good enough. It's actually very disappointing cause he doesn't look scary. And the sex scene, well when the world seems to be ending, sometimes you just wanna ****.

Master looked like a dorky muppet show reject, they could have done a lot better

What made it worse is that I rewatched Salem's Lot on Saturday. It's tough going from Barlow, a truly creepy Nosferatu knockoff, to this goofball.

It seems pretty obvious that they're channeling orlock but why? Why not make it it's own thing. Not to mention ears and nose are made of cartilage. It stands to reason that if your nose goes bye bye, so does your ears. Especially since their sense of smell isn't diminished. The more I look at the pic, the less I like the design. The makeup is great though.

As for the sex scene, I'd be less concerned with banging during the ending of the world and more with banging my murder accomplice in the house of his missing ex-wife who may be badly injured or turned after decapitating her boyfriend with a shovel and disposing of the corpse in the back yard bin.

I think they were going for more of a bat inspired look with The Master. But I could see the similarities with nosferatu. Still a bit funny lookin. Still waitin on those military type vamps to show up again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they were going for more of a bat inspired look with The Master. But I could see the similarities with nosferatu. Still a bit funny lookin. Still waitin on those military type vamps to show up again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The leader of that group looked better than The Master!

agree about the look of the master. when he was still hooded he struck me as a genuinely menacing character. but as soon as he took off his hood, i went "WTF??" it's one of the silliest monster designs i've seen in a modern horror. i appreciate that they're homaging "nosferatu" but this is a terrible terrible rendition.

other than that i'm really enjoying the show. i love the wwII flashbacks, it gives the whole story an epic time-spanning quality. the show started off weak and has slowly gotten better in increments every episode. though some of the character developments are clearly padded out, it's still always watchable. vasiliy fet is turning out to be the daryl dixon of this series. wish they'd get back to the hooded vampire killer dudes though...

agree about the look of the master. when he was still hooded he struck me as a genuinely menacing character. but as soon as he took off his hood, i went "WTF??" it's one of the silliest monster designs i've seen in a modern horror. i appreciate that they're homaging "nosferatu" but this is a terrible terrible rendition.

other than that i'm really enjoying the show. i love the wwII flashbacks, it gives the whole story an epic time-spanning quality. the show started off weak and has slowly gotten better in increments every episode. though some of the character developments are clearly padded out, it's still always watchable. vasiliy fet is turning out to be the daryl dixon of this series. wish they'd get back to the hooded vampire killer dudes though...

All in all, I think this series has been really well done. Very faithful to the books, with some minor deviations (like Dutch) that IMO are for the better. The only "miss" this series has had is in revealing The Master's face at all. There was no need to do it. They should have just left him as a hooded figure with burning eyes, rather than removing all viewer imagination from the equation. Or if they felt they had to reveal his face, at least make him look menacing and not so comical/silly looking.

There are only 4 episodes left, so there is still a lot for them to cover if they plan on getting through all of Book 1 this season. Those hooded vamp killers will be back at some point. Just not sure if it will be this season or not.

according to a friend who's read the books, there isn't enough material to sustain 5 seasons as gdt has planned. at the rate they're going though, i don't think it's a problem since they're expanding stuff. anyone care to explain the role and motivations of the hooded vampire killers? i think the leader's name is quinlan or something. do they hate newly-turned vamps or what? and if so, why?

(i know this is spoiler territory so just put your answers in tags please) :D

3 novels. I have the first comic trade but haven't bought any others. I believe the comics have just started adapting the second book.

As for lasting 5 seasons, its television. They could make it 10 seasons if they wanted. They've already had 1 episode that had nothing to do with the books. There will be a lot of flashbacks and considering some of the ones from the book, they could easily turn into full episodes.

They did the exact same thing when they showed the master in the first 3 minutes of the first episode. It's like they're sacrificing all their mystery and creepiness for shock value. I would of been content with just seeing red glowing eyes for the rest of the season.

Back