The Sideshow STAR WARS Watch: Future SSC Star Wars Products List & Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Sideshow STAR WARS Watch List: Always In Motion Is The Future

I think what's cool is that when you look at this list as a whole, there is definitely something for everyone:

OT Purists
PT Enthusiasts
Armored Troop Builders
EU Fans

Creatures
Droids
Jedi & Sith
(though mostly in PF, for now)

While I'm not certainly down for everything myself, I'm glad to see Sideshow is maintaining a sane balance of this stuff. The breakdown I added at the bottom of the main post shows it pretty clearly.

Same here! You will also notice that Squid Face is SQUID FACE on my list... and will never be "Tessek". :monkey1

Who?

1391-1.jpg

:monkey3 ;)

:monkey4 :slap

baseball_owned.jpg

:gah:

Hey, it was late when I started this. :eek:

You can bet that will be the first fix when I next update the list.

As penance, I will now force myself to watch ROTJ 7 times in a row. :pow

Okay, the Squid Head thing was bugging me too much... so I fixed it already. :lol

Okay, the Squid Head thing was bugging me too much... so I fixed it already. :lol

:lol At least it was an honest mistake and not you sucking the charm out of the original name in an attempt to put your personal stamp on it.

:lol At least it was an honest mistake and not you sucking the charm out of the original name in an attempt to put your personal stamp on it.

:lecture

I think I will go come up with some contrived SW character name of my own... just a sec...

Okay...

Meet Stormtrooper TK-8675309, aka "Lock Madfor" riding his special Dewback, "Squish Penuukian":

DewbackST.jpg

Seriously, people get paid to come up with stuff just as stupid as this all the time. :cuckoo: :dunno

Well, not having a job right now if someone wanted to pay me for that kind of thing I'm game. :lol

Well, not having a job right now if someone wanted to pay me for that kind of thing I'm game. :lol

Oh, no doubt! It'd be easy money! :lol

And, because it's SW... some people out there will automatically like it regardless. :monkey1

I honestly didn't realize how many figures were in the works. I guess this thread can be brought up the next time someone says the SW line is dying. :lol

Oh, no doubt! It'd be easy money! :lol

And, because it's SW... some people out there will automatically like it regardless. :monkey1

Thats a winner type of job right there. :lol

Where do I sign up?

Glad to see this thread, I've been thinking we needed a master thread with all the information Sideshow's been leaking lately.

Wow, I thought I kept up to date quite well, obviously I don't, many of those I don't know about

Thought I'd bump this chart...great work, IJ...

I thought I'd read some murmurings a while back about the ESB bounty hunters possibly being on tap for development...or maybe it was just my wishful thinking...I want to see Bossk in 1:6 scale from Sideshow (although that Hasbro one is pretty cool)...

I hope they space those Clone Commanders out...that's gonna be a major hit on the bank...but a must have for sure....

I hope the Battle Droids are made from material that (literally) stands up well to time and doesn't warp into a useless stage quickly like the Hasbro ones did....and they must be able to properly hold their weapons!

At least there are a few things coming up that will be easy passes for me (no thanks, Shadow Trooper....big NO to Rebo band)...but generally speaking, it looks like a good, varied slate of stuff on tap.

As always, there's stuff I'd like to see sooner than later or stuff not even on the list(s) (prequel aliens, prequel military, Hoth anything(besides the S-Trooper), etc)...but as the list title says..."always in motion....."

Thanks for putting this together, Irish...

Okay, so while having time to waste while waiting for things in between a couple of projects today, I decided to develop a tracking spreadsheet with all of the future Star Wars items that Sideshow has confirmed are either in Development or are definitely being Planned. These are all via the Q&As from their site, so I may have missed some if they were mentioned elsewhere (chats, etc.)

I will update these periodically, but if you have updates now post them (along with how/when Sideshow confirmed that item specifically) and I'll update these lists.

Anyway, I figured it'd be useful to keep an updated list for discussion purposes and so that everyone can get a clearer picture of what Sideshow has confirmed they have in the pipeline in regards to their SW lines:

sscswindev.jpg

sscswplanned.jpg

Note: Items are not necessarily listed in any particular order. There may obviously be items announced that are not on this list, and some items in the "Planning" stages will almost surely see the light of day before some already confirmed "In Development", etc.

Last Update Sunday July 4, 2010

BREAKDOWN:

Total Products Confirmed in Pipeline: 61+

1:6 Figures Confirmed In Pipeline: 36+
Premium Format Figures Confirmed In Pipeline: 11
Other Confirmed Products In Pipeline: 14

OT Products: 32
PT Products: 23
EU Products: 6+

1:6 Armored Troopers: 9+

(Note: Max Rebo Band includes 3 figures. Total number of Clone Wars ver Clones is unknown, therefore "+")

Irish I think you can add to the list even the Clone Commanders Premium Format Figures... they confirmed development in here

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?cat=203&paged=4

Thursday, June 10th, 2010
Any news on the Clone Trooper Premium Format? Which Clone will it be? Attack of the Clones version, I hope! And will we see any work-in-progress pics?

We’re very close to finishing our prototype of the Clone PF, and we’re likely to debut it at SDCC or very shortly thereafter. It’s looking GREAT and is step one into a killer clone PF program, including some of the clone commanders.

I could put that one there (like I did with "Clone Wars Clones" under 1:6), but I'd prefer to stick to specifically confirmed characters for now. I'm sure we'll know at least one or two of the Commander PFs by the end of the month.

I could put that one there (like I did with "Clone Wars Clones" under 1:6), but I'd prefer to stick to specifically confirmed characters for now. I'm sure we'll know at least one or two of the Commander PFs by the end of the month.

Ok perfect ;)

I'm not complaining but it seems like another version of Vader Ep. V and/or VI is not planned for a while. :dunno

But I am very happy of what's on the list for 1/6 scale figures :yess:

I'm not going to mention what this will do to my credit card. Maybe I should open another one...:cuckoo::lol

Based on that, my collection will be complete.

C3P0
R2D2
Chewbacca
Count Dooku
AOTC Anakin
TPM Kenobi
AOTC Padme
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Biker Scout
Emperor (on order)
Royal Guard
Yoda (is coming soon)

Just read in the new Ask Sideshow that the Jango PF isn't in the cards for 2011. Kinda bummed about that.

Back