The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going on a vegan diet will do miracles for you. I been on it for the last six months and has helped me out in many ways. Obviously dropped the weight but many benefits. Ive had sleeping problems for over 20 years and two weeks after changing my diet i actually began to sleep like a baby since. My energy, stamina and flexibility in the gym has increased tremendously.

YMMV, as everyone is different.

I hardly ever do red meat, It's mostly fish and turkey. Chicken here and there.

But agreed on how important greens are. They are hard to eat, specially what is necessary for your body. That's why Vitamix changed my life; 10%fruit 90% greens smoothies in the morning are non negotiable at home.

Got tired of that BS called cardio. Swapped to squats, deadlifts, bench press and chin-ups. This girl can now eat like a regular human being and is looking better every day.

Before dropping cardio as my main focus, and after starting lifting for a few months. I'm further along now but I haven't taken a photo.

13707704_1751791748414990_603014049040570640_n.jpg

Great job BG. Females tend to be afraid of the weights and most never get a chance to see what lifting can do for them. Have a ex-coworker who started crossfit 3 months ago and has seen some great results and stopped the 1 hr cardio sessions. HITT training is awesome. "Train like a runner, look like a runner. Train like a sprinter, look like a sprinter."

I personally don't like HIIT training at all, nor crossfit, but hey, to each their own for sure :D. I just do a 10-15 min max jump rope session before I hit the weights. But you're right. Women fear the muscle. It's a shame. Body composition gets so much better (in time) with weights.

Graded to 7th kyu today, despite the last few months being a mess of being sick, having our first baby and alot of work. :yes

I have been busting my booty during bulking. Lifting progressively heavier, doing compound lifts. And of course, killing it. I decided to buy my own squat rack and more so that I could train at home for convenience. I also don't like having to wait on stuff at the gym. So here's my set-up and some of my achievements.

Booty = 6 months of bulking.
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.26.44 PM.jpg

Back muscle after 6 months.
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.14.59 PM.jpg

Leg muscles after 6 months. Sorry for the clutter. That stuff is all going up into the garage attic asap.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 9.25.30 PM.jpg

And here's my gym space.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I am currently on a 12 week cut. I'm 4.5 weeks in. I'll do a 1 month and then a 3rd month comparison when all is said and done.

Matt.. I am/was the same way. I'm 38. Seems like I had more willpower in my 20's than my 30's. I'm going backwards! lol.. But I'm in the process of turning it all around. I'm 5'10.. I reached my heaviest weight of 218 late last year. I started the keto diet on Dec 28th and now I've introduced intermittent fasting as well. Down to 197. My goal is 175. If I could convince myself to start working out I'm sure that the weight would melt off but it's progress.

Doing keto for 1 week killed my cravings and my appetite.

I really fell of the wagon after my son was born and during the christmas holidays. After getting back to training and everyday routines are back in swing I'm now down to 180 again(I'm 6'1).

Recently I've been working alot on flexibility/mobility since that is something I'm really lacking and I need to improve to get better at Karate. And still rehab for my shoulder, neverending story. I really need a new appointment with my physiotherapist since I don't have it in me to start increasing the weights, don't want to *****k it up again.

I got laughed off a bodybuilding forum for asking this question so maybe I'll have better luck here. why do neoprene dumbbells only go up to 20lbs at least that's the highest I see for most of the major brands?

I got laughed off a bodybuilding forum for asking this question so maybe I'll have better luck here. why do neoprene dumbbells only go up to 20lbs at least that's the highest I see for most of the major brands?

It's probably just the type of dumbbell maybe? I wouldn't worry so much. 20lbs will definitely not get you anywhere so just worry more about dumbbells that do go higher. Or, move to the barbell instead. I don't use dumbbells. Just the barbell + progressive overload.

Here are some shots, you can see I didn't need dumbbells to build muscle. Just heavy loads.

IMG_7999.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.40.01 PM.jpg

And for reality, when I'm not lifting heavy at that moment, my body still looks cut. Which is important for me.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.34.02 PM.jpg

Back