The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't pick Michelangelo. Those nunchaku can cause major injuries haha

I think I could take him, as long as he comes at me with a rubber knife and lies on the floor patiently after i've swiped him and makes like i've hit him after i've whooshed over the top of him with me chucks.
Bwahahahaha!

Karate Grading coming up next weekend!

Both excited and nervous, especially since our sensei thinks I should try for two belts, and I've only done the kata for yellow belt about 3 times.

I have to break out the ol' roadbike for some cycling this summer. Gotta do a century ride one of these days.

Random question - does anyone know a brand / site where I can get men's t-shirts with a longer torso but normal arms?

I have a long torso (I'm 5'11 but 30" pants are a shade long on me), but normal length arms. So when I buy normal t-shirts, the waist lifts to my belly button if I raise my arms, or if I pick something up my shirt lifts to almost mid-back. But if I buy "Tall" t-shirts, the torso is a good fit but the sleeves come down to almost my elbows.

Yellow belt! :rock

acc760647e3b617cc9475944016cb320.jpg

Holy hell! I've been seriously neglecting my cardio the last 6 months, only doing karate classes and working+studying.

Had my first go this year at intervals today. I'm dead. :)

So after finding out i had a liver virus my doc said losing weight would drastically help. I think i was around 100kg a month ago, after adding 40 mins of cardio to each workout im now 91kg, aiming for about 75kg. Pretty happy been fat my whole life haha, still got a long way to go and i won't be stopping once i hit my goal weight, i want this to be a lifestyle not a temporary thing.also just hit 6 month mark of lifting weights, I'm mainly doing it because it has done wonders for my severe anxiety and depression, if I put on any muscle its just a bonus

Last edited:
Going on a vegan diet will do miracles for you. I been on it for the last six months and has helped me out in many ways. Obviously dropped the weight but many benefits. Ive had sleeping problems for over 20 years and two weeks after changing my diet i actually began to sleep like a baby since. My energy, stamina and flexibility in the gym has increased tremendously.

Thanks! Also a question for everybody, should I expect to be sore the day after every workout? If im not, did I not put in enough effort ?

At first you will be, then you're body will get used to it and the soreness will subside. When that happens it's time to change up the workout. If you're first starting out and you're not sore then yea, I'd say you probably didn't push enough. I just got back into working out about 6 weeks ago, took about a year off when my job got crazy busy. I took 4 weeks to recondition myself, working out 30 to 45 minutes 4-6 days a week. 3 lifting, 3 cardio. On week 5 I moved the workouts to 1 hour minimum and maxing on my reps, no early quitting, max effort on cardio, pretty much kick my ass for an hour. Also, I do circuit training when I lift, so of the one hour I workout I rest for maybe 6 minutes.

I also started using the app Myplate which tracks your calories and tells you how many grams of carbs, proteins, and fats you've eaten. You're supposed to have a 40/30/30 split and the app has a wheel that is telling you what your split is through out the day (right now I'm at 43/8/49, carbs/fats/protein, which is telling me I need to eat a bunch of good fat to balance it out, which will be almonds later). I started using this a few weeks ago when I turned my workouts up to one hour. Been losing three pounds a week so far. I would say eating is the one thing you should really educate yourself and learn about TDEE (Calories you burn in a day) and how that can effect your fat loss, gain or muscle loss and gain. There's alot more to personal health than just lifting weights.

Last edited:
Back