The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you really had to be there with the guy with his tone, etc... I was actually having a great day until this incident even helped out my buddy which runs the desk at Gold's he has a sciatic nerve problem and they fired the lady that does the cleaning at night so he couldn't rack all the left over weights from the night before. I went ahead and racked all of them in between my sets so it was an amazing workout today!!! :) :) :)

Maybe I over reacted, Very little gets to me but the one thing that does get to me is how you treat people and common curtesy. A "we will be open in just a few minutes" would of been dandy!

I'm just messing with ya. The old guy sounds like maybe he was having a bad day too. Maybe he knew he acted like an @ss to you and was trying to be nice to you without apologizing for his rude behavior. Just shrug it off, which I am sure you have already done.

I know exactly what you mean Ski. I don't understand why people are like that. I know that when I worked in retail, I was always very nice to all of the customers, even if I was having a bad day. Because, it's not their fault for whatever reason I was in a bad mood. I am just so tired of people being that way. Puts me off, makes me uncomfy and I just prefer to leave.

Sorry about your experience. Hopefully today gets better for you.

Some vids, enjoy! I know the cam works sucks, I tried my best to hold steady. I've been meaning to document more of my bodybuilding obsession and I finally have a decent phone to do it now, cheers to Android.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYlTvfD7gXY"]Skiman's Calve Raise Set - YouTube[/ame]

All this time being a member and I started venturing out into the other parts of the forum and finally realize there's a fitness thread. :slap:lol

So this is what happened this morning, granted I'm not a violent man and very seldom lose my cool. (Which in fact I didn't lose it btw :lol) So I get done with this mornings workout and I'm totally out of food at the house so what I normally do is stop by the grocery store and stock up.

Well I arrive to Dierbergs earlier than usually this morning and walk up to the door to find that they aren't opened yet. Well no biggie I figure I'd just wait in the truck a few minutes until they open, I was maybe 15 minutes early is all, I know they open at 6:00 a.m. Anyways a checker guy pulls up and he's a older man around 60+ years old or whatever. I stay in my truck for a few seconds to see if he opens the door and which he does with a key I guess, so I step out of my truck and proceed to walk up to the store. I guess he didn't have a key to the inner most part of the door to the store so he's in the mid section between the two automatic doors, etc... So I politely open the first set of doors and ask the dude, "Are you guys about to open?". He replies "We open at 6:00 a.m." in a nasty stern tone. So I say "Oooook...." and he's like "OK!". DAMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! :cuss that was it, I was on fire!!!! DUDE, I've been low carbing for about 45 days now and I'm living on fumes and I'm about twice as thick from ALL angles on your a$$!!!! Sorry for that.... but MAN I was heated.

I don't get it, why do people have to be this way. Regardless to make a long story short, I went back into my truck and just boiled! After the manager opened the automatic doors I went inside, the manager greeted me and my head was of been smoking because he was definitely panicing. He said, "Good morning sir" and I replied "How's it going?", "Pretty good, how bout you?" ......

"Ummmm, NOT so good right about now...." He kind of just left it at that as I walked off with my temples about to burst from the side of my head :lol

So I grab all my stuff and get to the old dude who is the checker and it's taking all but a very little pin drop to set me off. He's all kissing my ass and being very polite, I'm short with replies like "plastic...." , "I'll carry it", etc...

His last words, "Thank you sir and you have a wonderful day!!!!"

I walk off. *still steaming and boiling"

THE END!

:gah: 30 years younger dude... you would have to call your janitors to get me off you if you said another smart remark.

What an @$$! :gah: Maybe he didn't get a good sleep last night? :lol But that's not a excuse to talk rude to your customers esp. in the morning! :nono Maybe you should complained that to the manager in order to reprimand him so that he won't repeat the same act again. Anyway, the important thing here is that you didn't lose your cool Ski inspite of the situation and that's a +1 . Kudos to you bro! :wink1:

Hey guys, I ask a friend to buy me a supplement in one of our fave retailers and since the seller if very fonds of us, he gave my friend a free ON Glutamine 1000 caps after purchasing there. But after he went home, he found out that the free Glutamine is already expired dated 8/11. :slap Some say there's a grace period of 6 months after it's expiration date. Is this true? Can he still use that until Dec. or better throw it away? :cuckoo:

Well Been running like a madman cause i love it and Working out as well. Went all the way from 160lbs to 139lbs and now little by little gaining muscle weight. I feel great and been running further than ever! woohooo!! life is good!!!
pitu-1.jpg

To become the best, chest and BGs bi's!
:exactly:

By the by, I'm loving pilates. And I've been doing it for about 3 weeks but I have noticed a difference in my posture. Even though I have always had good posture, something seems a bit..different. Now, I'm waiting on that tone. Have another few months before I see anything. Or so I've read. I think it was like 6-8 weeks for subtle changes.

So I've been focusing on my diet and getting healthier for the past year or so, tried the whole gym thing, but to be honest I a.) HATE the gym and b.) am usually too tired from work to go.

Here's the thing...I do labor/maintenance on a grounds crew, and when I'm not doing heavy labor, I'm the pest/weed control guy, which translates into walking 5-8 miles a day with 4 gallons on my back. In the summer, it tends to be upwards of 100 degrees every day, which means I sweat my ass off and basically am on a hike in pretty ridiculous conditions.

When I'm not doing my pest work, I'm chopping logs, on a leafblower which is basically the same conditions as the pest job, laying sod, cutting down trees, using a pitchfork/shovel to dig/mulch/etc. and generally just doing hard labor out in the elements.

So yeah, working out after doing that daily is a bit of a chore. I've decided 8 hours of exercise a day is enough, and that my main focus should be on my diet. Here's what I've worked out from experience rather than just sitting around researching stuff online.

I've all but eliminated refined sugars/carbs. No more white bread, flour, whatever. Everything's wheat and whole grain. When I get a sweets craving, I grab a piece of fruit. An orange or whatever.

Drinks are limited to water and, when I'm at work, low-calorie Gatorade (the standard stuff gives me wicked heartburn). One cup of black coffee in the morning and sometimes a glass of unsweet iced tea for lunch.

As far as meals go, I pack protein bars, fruits (bananas, oranges and apples), and stuff like Kashi fruit and grain bars to eat throughout the morning at work to keep my energy levels up. Once lunch hits, I generally go for a turkey and bacon sandwich on whole wheat with a slice of cheese and some lettuce, with a side of fruit or a baguette or something for the carbs to get me through the afternoon.

As far as dinner goes, I eat one more time before 6, but it's generally pretty light. Maybe a couple of eggs and some wheat toast. If I need a snack before bed, I grab a piece of fruit, a bowl of cottage cheese or a bowl of cereal.

My main focus is using animal fats and protein for energy instead of mostly carbs, though doing the work I do, I need a good bit of carbs at breakfast and lunch. I generally try to limit them after 3 p.m., though.

I've been sticking with this for about a month, and the results are pretty amazing. I used to get daily headaches, almost migraine-strength, starting around 8 a.m. and would have to pop between 2-4 Excedrin Migraine a day to cope, but since I stopped with sweets, I can count on one hand how many headaches I've endured. I've got more energy than I know what to do with, I've lost about 10 pounds in two weeks (I'm 6' and 180 now, mainly focused on losing the belly fat I accumulated, which isn't much), my mood has improved, and I generally just feel exceptionally well.

I think most of my problems can be traced directly back to a high intake of refined carbs and sugars, as I used to think any sugar and carbs = energy, which isn't true at all.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding what I've stated above...if I'm doing anything wrong, if there are any other pointers anyone can offer or whatever.

EDIT: To give you an idea of what work has done physically for me, as someone who has never lifted weights, I can go into a gym and bench 200 with no problem, which is why I figure work is plenty of exercise for me at this point. My diet is the main concern, I suppose. I should also add that I HATE most vegetables.

Back