The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading down into the "gym" in a few minutes, stepping up chest and shoulders to 5 plates from 4 tonight, see how that goes, almost ready to move onto 4 plates for triceps.

It feels so nice to be looking at things from a count down point of view now. Instead of counting up to the total lost pounds like I did for the first 30, now it's a count down, 28 left and so on. Passing the halfway mark is a good place to be mentally.

Just got back from the gym. 3 mile jog and some weight training. Felt like I was gonna die at the end of it, sweating so much that it looked like I jumped in the pool.

2 weeks after integrating weight training into my regimen (doing that every other day, and just jogging on my off day) and cutting down my fast food intake pretty substantially, I still weigh the exact same as I did when I started. Fortunately, I'm not motivated by weight loss so much as the good feeling I get from exercising.

Also, that guy doesn't have the "lahgest ahms in the world!"

Anybody familiar with Scott Steiner? He had a weird pyramid kind of bicep muscle. Very freaky what steroids can do to a guy.

Hindu squats are great to build explosive power and really test your endurance. My dad wrestled and he use to do lots of these. For those who never tried it you should start at 50 and then build yourself up to 500. I guarantee it will test you.

I also like to go from squats to Hindu push-ups. It builds all around functional strength for not just getting in shape but for sports especially grappling.

Geez had to look those things up

Hindu Push Ups
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NcW61Bb8uOo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NcW61Bb8uOo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hindu Squat
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jPSVpo4mzNI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jPSVpo4mzNI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

I thought maybe this was it!
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yP3EbqRQChc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yP3EbqRQChc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Just got back from the gym. 3 mile jog and some weight training. Felt like I was gonna die at the end of it, sweating so much that it looked like I jumped in the pool.

2 weeks after integrating weight training into my regimen (doing that every other day, and just jogging on my off day) and cutting down my fast food intake pretty substantially, I still weigh the exact same as I did when I started. Fortunately, I'm not motivated by weight loss so much as the good feeling I get from exercising.

Also, that guy doesn't have the "lahgest ahms in the world!"

Anybody familiar with Scott Steiner? He had a weird pyramid kind of bicep muscle. Very freaky what steroids can do to a guy.

I totally remember Scott Stiener and the Stiener brothers, it's funny because Rick was way bigger than Scott right off the bat and then all of a sudden BAM!!!! Freight train lil bro comes through like a mad man!!!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Scotty turned into a real weirdo in his later years, too. As slow and awkward as his huge muscles made him, it was easy to forget that he was a great collegiate wrestler, and that the "Frankensteiner" was a move named after him

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cnmTwv_3A6k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cnmTwv_3A6k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Scotty turned into a real weirdo in his later years, too. As slow and awkward as his huge muscles made him, it was easy to forget that he was a great collegiate wrestler, and that the "Frankensteiner" was a move named after him

Yeah I remember he was really athletic and had all kinds of innovative moves in his repertoire but then when he became Big Poppa Pump he went down to about 3 moves and lost practically all of his agility. He had too much muscle; however, he always claimed he was a "genetic freak".;)

Yeah I remember he was really athletic and had all kinds of innovative moves in his repertoire but then when he became Big Poppa Pump he went down to about 3 moves and lost practically all of his agility. He had too much muscle; however, he always claimed he was a "genetic freak".;)

Yeah genetic butt stabber!!! :rotfl

I'm glad you guys are training hard and seeing results; but, don't ever do this to your body by stooping to this guys level. Allow me to introduce you to Gregg Valentino aka Synthol Man. :horror

greg1.jpg

biggest5.jpg

662005113734rm7.jpg

I actually seen this guy at the Olympia's he goes there every year, also the scar from his arm is from him draining the blood out with a knife onto a glass because it was majorly infected.

I'll never understand what drives some people with their muscle work.

To me, there's a line where a certain muscular build is no longer visually appealing and almost looks inhuman.

I'm for building your muscles strong and to make your body look like a fine tuned piece of human anatomy, a good sized representation of the human muscular system, but some people build them so big and all they don't even look like normal muscles, like if you looked at them and then looked at an anatomy book, you'd wonder what you were looking at on the person.

I actually seen this guy at the Olympia's he goes there every year, also the scar from his arm is from him draining the blood out with a knife onto a glass because it was majorly infected.

No kidding that's awesome. I use to go to Mr. Olympia every year in Vegas. The last time I was there was when Ronnie Coleman came on stage as Moses. :lol I was a single man back in those days and my friends and I prowled around at the Olympia Expo and the after parties hitting on all the hot fitness chicks.:monkey5

Good times man...Good times. I guarantee I'll be back.

No kidding that's awesome. I use to go to Mr. Olympia every year in Vegas. The last time I was there was when Ronnie Coleman came on stage as Moses. :lol I was a single man back in those days and my friends and I prowled around at the Olympia Expo and the after parties hitting on all the hot fitness chicks.:monkey5

Good times man...Good times. I guarantee I'll be back.

Ronnie was always fun with his crown and robe on as "da King" :lol

I'll never understand what drives some people with their muscle work.

To me, there's a line where a certain muscular build is no longer visually appealing and almost looks inhuman.

I'm for building your muscles strong and to make your body look like a fine tuned piece of human anatomy, a good sized representation of the human muscular system, but some people build them so big and all they don't even look like normal muscles, like if you looked at them and then looked at an anatomy book, you'd wonder what you were looking at on the person.
Obviously, I don't know, but I would suspect it is like anything else. These people dedicate their lives to building their bodies up, and once they cross a certain point, they lose perspective and get wrapped up in doing things that go way past the point that they should.

All those guys seem to have a lot of pride about their bodies, and there are probably people who really admire what they have done to themselves. As such, another part is probably the attention that they receive. They feel different and special knowing that only a very small percentage of people are even close to being "big" like they are. Only they don't realize that most of that attention is shock and horror more than admiration.

Only they don't realize that most of that attention is shock and horror more than admiration.

That's the thing, I find someone like say Sylvester Stallone to be more impressive, he's got a strong looking body, but it's just really chiselled and refined, it's not over the top, but then guys like Schwarzenegger in his prime and Lou Ferrigno at his best, it's still impressive, but it starts going towards that line of whoah, you got veins pooping out everywhere, things almost look inflated they're so big, they don't even seem like a natural thing. Lou Ferrigno for the Hulk looks more healthy than his body building form I think. Again, those guys, the Mr. Olympia's, a lot of them are still within a human looking form, but I think a lot of them walk that line and guys like have been talked about in this thread last few pages are ones that totally cross the line.

Yeah u speak of the day of bodybuilding when everything was base on symmetry and their physique and nowadays it's just how big can I get while having the lowest BF%. It's the changing era of bodybuilding but u still have those natural shows that supposedly hold to their own and get tested etc... it's hard to stop everyone from doing it but those are the only shows that I will compete in because I know what I'm up against not someone all jacked on HGH, steroids or whatever hormone or cutter they are taking to compete.

It is really sad that that day of bodybuilding is lost forever on the pro side.

While I don't agree with using HGH and steroids and all that, a co-worker made an interesting comment to me in a debate about baseball one day.

The real sad thing is, it's so prevalent because a few started doing it, and caused a chain reaction where everyone felt a pressure to do the same to keep up.

So because a few folks broke the rules to achieve their success, they raised a bar and are the cause of it all.

While I don't agree with the use like I said, I can somewhat understand the point of view of athletes and all.

I doubt it'll happen, but I wish someone would make a counter movement, a couple folks push for doing things legitimately and honestly with hard work and effort, bring things back to where it's about what you are capable of as you are born and made.

Back