The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, personally I like the 70's era of Bodybuilding. I just think that the bodies were more representative of the art, being based on symmetry and overall physique. Guys like Arnold, Franco, Frank Zane, Serge Nubret, Ferrigno, Sergio Olivia, and more.... They were very impressive to me, even though some admit to having used steroids (back when they were not taboo at all).

I know that personally, THAT'S the body I aim for. I don't want a build like the guys now, I would rather it be like the guys I listed above. IF my genetics will allow me to get there, or even close.

I have to say, I'm a bit worried about how my body's going to look when I slim down.

I feel like I have a big chest / rib cage. I'm still hefty in the midsection, but around my rib cage is pretty much flesh, no fat there, so it seems like if I slim my stomach and lower abdomen down to where I'm aiming, my profile's going to take this big angle from my pelvis to the bottom of my ribs and somehow that doesn't seem normal. Maybe it won't be as dramatic as I think, just a slight concern, having a thick layer around it all for so long, I'm only now starting to have a gauge of my body structure.

While I don't agree with using HGH and steroids and all that, a co-worker made an interesting comment to me in a debate about baseball one day.

The real sad thing is, it's so prevalent because a few started doing it, and caused a chain reaction where everyone felt a pressure to do the same to keep up.

So because a few folks broke the rules to achieve their success, they raised a bar and are the cause of it all.

While I don't agree with the use like I said, I can somewhat understand the point of view of athletes and all.

I doubt it'll happen, but I wish someone would make a counter movement, a couple folks push for doing things legitimately and honestly with hard work and effort, bring things back to where it's about what you are capable of as you are born and made.

I agree. Also I think lots of the fans have a part to play in it to. As an example when I went to bodybuilding events there would be 3 shows in 1.

PROS
Women
Naturals

When the pros were on all the seats were jam packed, but when the women or naturals came on everyone took off like a bat out of Hell leaving the seats empty. It's not that the Pros are better; I think it's just that the fans want to see a real freak show and something that is not normal that you see everyday. Which is sad really.

I'll never understand what drives some people with their muscle work.

To me, there's a line where a certain muscular build is no longer visually appealing and almost looks inhuman.

I'm for building your muscles strong and to make your body look like a fine tuned piece of human anatomy, a good sized representation of the human muscular system, but some people build them so big and all they don't even look like normal muscles, like if you looked at them and then looked at an anatomy book, you'd wonder what you were looking at on the person.

:lecture...........i like being cut and athletic more than huge and abnormal :rolleyes: though i wouldnt mind another 10lbs of muscle, but it seems like everybody is more engadged in being huge, but when these guys get older and stop working out, what do you think happens to all that muscle?

Well, we all have to get old eventually. But I just want to make the best of my time now. And I would like to keep going for as long as I can, at least to maintain when I get older and can't do as much.

For me, this is a lifestyle from here on out. I love how I feel, and am comfortable with myself for the first time...well...ever. I couldn't let that go.. no matter what.

Yeah, personally I like the 70's era of Bodybuilding. I just think that the bodies were more representative of the art, being based on symmetry and overall physique. Guys like Arnold, Franco, Frank Zane, Serge Nubret, Ferrigno, Sergio Olivia, and more.... They were very impressive to me, even though some admit to having used steroids (back when they were not taboo at all).

I know that personally, THAT'S the body I aim for. I don't want a build like the guys now, I would rather it be like the guys I listed above. IF my genetics will allow me to get there, or even close.

Genectics alone wont do it...most, if not all, those guys you listed used steroids. The ambition to get big has been the same since Arnold rocked the whole BB scene. What has changed is the level of technology used to develop and cycle steroids. Remember, steroids were developed for animals, horses in particular I think, hence the name "horse juice", and these guys back in the 70's were just starting to tap the potential they could offer. They were experimenting. Now there are books on the stuff...books on how it affects humans, what stacks work best for certain results and when to cycle on and off...with doctors contributing to some of the information no less:horror

I have to say, I'm a bit worried about how my body's going to look when I slim down.

I feel like I have a big chest / rib cage. I'm still hefty in the midsection, but around my rib cage is pretty much flesh, no fat there, so it seems like if I slim my stomach and lower abdomen down to where I'm aiming, my profile's going to take this big angle from my pelvis to the bottom of my ribs and somehow that doesn't seem normal. Maybe it won't be as dramatic as I think, just a slight concern, having a thick layer around it all for so long, I'm only now starting to have a gauge of my body structure.

There's different kinds of layers of fat that store on the body and in between the body, visceral fat and subcontanious fat... Here's a good read on what happens whenever visceral starts to push on the organs rib cage etc... All of this can be reduced by dieting and exercises but it does have an effect on overall appearance and shape of the torso.

https://www.sixwise.com/newsletters...-and-which-poses-the-greatest-risk-to-you.htm

what do you think happens to all that muscle?

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Genectics alone wont do it...most, if not all, those guys you listed used steroids. The ambition to get big has been the same since Arnold rocked the whole BB scene. What has changed is the level of technology used to develop and cycle steroids. Remember, steroids were developed for animals, horses in particular I think, hence the name "horse juice", and these guys back in the 70's were just starting to tap the potential they could offer. They were experimenting. Now there are books on the stuff...books on how it affects humans, what stacks work best for certain results and when to cycle on and off...with doctors contributing to some of the information no less:horror

It has advanced since those days!!!

He could still look better than that though, he's not eating properly is all :lol Taken it easy and I don't blame him, it's hard and again I guess his focus for the sport is longer, just being the governator is gewd enough for today :lol

Muscle although does not turn into fat technically it just gradually depreciates as we get older, the fat is from our lack of diet. :banghead

There's different kinds of layers of fat that store on the body and in between the body, visceral fat and subcontanious fat... Here's a good read on what happens whenever visceral starts to push on the organs rib cage etc... All of this can be reduced by dieting and exercises but it does have an effect on overall appearance and shape of the torso.

https://www.sixwise.com/newsletters...-and-which-poses-the-greatest-risk-to-you.htm

So it sounds like the size of my rib cage may have been brought about by build up of internal fat, but can it be undone, I mean I know I can burn up that fat, but will bone shrink if the fat around it does or will my outer fat fade away and the rib cage is stuck wherever it's at?

He could still look better than that though, he's not eating properly is all :lol Taken it easy and I don't blame him, it's hard and again I guess his focus for the sport is longer, just being the governator is gewd enough for today :lol

Muscle although does not turn into fat technically it just gradually depreciates as we get older, the fat is from our lack of diet.
:banghead

Exactly :lecture

So it sounds like the size of my rib cage may have been brought about by build up of internal fat, but can it be undone, I mean I know I can burn up that fat, but will bone shrink if the fat around it does or will my outer fat fade away and the rib cage is stuck wherever it's at?

The body should adapt to it's surroundings so I would think that it would shrink as well. Only because this is how everything works with our bodies, even the bones are not fixed, they get smaller the less stress is put onto them. So by not lifting heavy the stress put on the rib cage/bones all changes. It has to adapt for the extra work put onto itself or even lack of. I don't think your stuck! :rock :rock :rock

"Go to go" like Taco Be...l.......l..

I mean like chicken breast with egg whites :lol yeah that's wha I mean!!!

The body should adapt to it's surroundings so I would think that it would shrink as well. Only because this is how everything works with our bodies, even the bones are not fixed, they get smaller the less stress is put onto them. So by not lifting heavy the stress put on the rib cage/bones all changes. It has to adapt for the extra work put onto itself or even lack of. I don't think your stuck! :rock :rock :rock

Thanks, i sure hope not, it just seems freakish right now, but given how much outer fat I still have to burn, I imagine I have equal internal if not more, so it's still a long road, but being at the point where things are starting to really move towards where they'll end up, it did raise a concern on my mind of how that would all look.

"Go to go" like Taco Be...l.......l..

I mean like chicken breast with egg whites :lol yeah that's wha I mean!!!

For the past 2 weeks and now this week, I've altered my lunch to be a salad with a mild something else, be it a bit of chicken, couple pieces of pizza, a sandwich, whatever, I make the salad the primary element of the meal.

Thanks, i sure hope not, it just seems freakish right now, but given how much outer fat I still have to burn, I imagine I have equal internal if not more, so it's still a long road, but being at the point where things are starting to really move towards where they'll end up, it did raise a concern on my mind of how that would all look.

U'll be fine bro, just keep pressing hard and it will all work out!

Think of it as we get older as well, u ever notice how some of the elderly get smaller and smaller. It's the bone structure and of course age but whatever we don't do know hinders us later in life because then we won't be capable of doing work or lift heavy objects in order to exercise correctly. The longer we stay in shape the better the road will be and I'll still be playing with my Dutch Predator 1/6 fig whenever I'm 83 and the grand kids come visit me.

*"Do u know... who dis guy is...? That's Ahhhhh nold... he was the best in the 70's"*

-GC *"Grandpa whose Arnold and why do u say his name like that, was this in the 19th century?"*

i think you can achieve that awesome V look you are going for...which will naturally have a larger upper body. Might just look strange to you cause you've never seen it before...on you!

Reminds me of the Matrix...RSI (if I remember correctly) Residual Self Image. Lots of folks have it when they start transforming their bodies. Folks still tell me they can tell I work out and I look and say, "I don't see it" :huh

Muscle although does not turn into fat technically it just gradually depreciates as we get older, the fat is from our lack of diet. :banghead

That's not just a diet or lack there of of a good one Skiman, but a guy who's reached a catabolic state from getting off the juice. A catabolic state always follows an anabolic state. If you're natural like me, you keep the muscle and ripped look even beyond Arnie's age if you commit yourself to the gym and eat a steady healthy clean diet. I know this much is true because I have seen it with my own eyes. My friend Marcel is 52 and is ripped and solid looking. Clean as they come. Doesn't even take creatine or any fat burners. Same with myself. Just lean proteins, and for the most part clean carbs. Drink lots of water. I have also seen guys compete as old as 70+ in my province who look better than Arnie there.

For the past 2 weeks and now this week, I've altered my lunch to be a salad with a mild something else, be it a bit of chicken, couple pieces of pizza, a sandwich, whatever, I make the salad the primary element of the meal.

You'll get there man, and your shape will change as you go. Just keep hitting it hard, altering the diet as you go along, and burning that fat.

I find that on my own efforts, I have probably cut too many calories for a few weeks a while back. I was around 1600, sometimes 1400 for a couple of weeks. I think my body went into starvation mode, so I am upping the calories a small amount to get right under 2000. That should help me cut the rest of the weight, coupled with increased cardio.

You'll get there man, and your shape will change as you go. Just keep hitting it hard, altering the diet as you go along, and burning that fat.

I find that on my own efforts, I have probably cut too many calories for a few weeks a while back. I was around 1600, sometimes 1400 for a couple of weeks. I think my body went into starvation mode, so I am upping the calories a small amount to get right under 2000. That should help me cut the rest of the weight, coupled with increased cardio.

Good to hear Josh! I hope you have continued success with your workouts! Also, I am curious how much longer you have on the Joker. Probably too late to go for the slicked back Joker look now eh? Love that Joker and he's so original compared to the 100,000,000 different versions we have received of the now iconic Heath Ledger in purple gear Joker.

That's not just a diet or lack there of of a good one Skiman, but a guy who's reached a catabolic state from getting off the juice. A catabolic state always follows an anabolic state. If you're natural like me, you keep the muscle and ripped look even beyond Arnie's age if you commit yourself to the gym and eat a steady healthy clean diet. I know this much is true because I have seen it with my own eyes. My friend Marcel is 52 and is ripped and solid looking. Clean as they come. Doesn't even take creatine or any fat burners. Same with myself. Just lean proteins, and for the most part clean carbs. Drink lots of water. I have also seen guys compete as old as 70+ in my province who look better than Arnie there.

Ok I was speaking as just the fat that is on him after losing muscle while aging, not commenting on the steroid use just yet. I don't think it was part of the discussion prior whenever it was posted.

Same here with all buds at the gym at all ages.

I agree.

Back