"The Road" movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said this several times here, but Blood Meridian is McCarthy's masterpiece. GO READ IT AND REPORT BACK!!!!! heh

Here's the trailer. Watch it in HD here.

This movie is going to be amazing. I just hope that scream (the one that's almost like the Wilhelm scream) isn't actually in the film.

<object width="450" height="242"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/10979"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/10979" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="242" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Goosebumps. It brought that punch in the gut feeling of the novel back.

Viggo is PERFECT for this film. I dearly hope he wins an Oscar for this one.

No spoilers, but the ending for me was perfect considering the book as a whole. Dark is one way of describing it, real is another in this context. Either way, a great, great novel that I hope hasn't been overly butchered for the big screen, If they keep the ending (big 'if' given Hollywood's record) it would be beautifully depressing.

So they all died ? Someone put a spoiler tag and tell me the end please.

No spoilers, but the ending for me was perfect considering the book as a whole. Dark is one way of describing it, real is another in this context. Either way, a great, great novel that I hope hasn't been overly butchered for the big screen, If they keep the ending (big 'if' given Hollywood's record) it would be beautifully depressing.

Although I felt there was a too bit of a deus ex machina feel in the end in the book, would not want to see ending changed for the movie. I wanted to slit my wrists all during the reading of the book. Bleak bleak bleak:monkey2

Why is it that I put in The Road into the search and came up flat? What am I doing wrong then?

Spoiler Spoiler:

holy hell!..talk about dark!...just finished reading the book and I swear to the gods, it's like a frickin' Hemingway on reverse!.....
sad-cat.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

So, basically it is a happy-sad ending.

Back