"The Road" movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally finished the book today after having owned it for a few months. I just watched the trailer and I'm not feeling the same vibe. It's obviously edited to appeal to more audiences. It looks like Charlize Theron's character will have a bigger part in the story than in the book.

There's going to be a special advance screening in DC on Thursday, 11/12 at 1:00 PM with a QA session afterwards with "special guests"...cool thing is my girlfriend got passes, crappy thing is I have to work, and I've got too much on my plate to take the day off.

After reading the Variety review I have to say I disagree with just about all his comments about things that didn't work in the film. So I guess I'd have to say that if I were to write a review it would be a positive one. But for me, this film is impossible to like. I haven't read the book and have no desire to, after seeing the film, going out and slitting my wrists doesn't seem like too bad an idea.

But Viggo's performance is noteworthy as is how much the little kid looks like he could actually be Theron's child. But there's no getting around the bleakness of this film - it forces you to think - about what you would do in a similar situation and the nature of morality. And in that it succeeds on every level. But will I be buying the DVD and having parties to watch it again? ...don't think so.

Back