The Real Ghostbusters line by Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have all these in original form. They used to come with ghosts that were cast in a transparent plastic. I had the Ecto 1 as well. I loved the cartoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Egon looks so angry! lol Bummed the close ups didn't include Winston. :( Still, I'm in for these due to a lack of any other good representation around.

9hZmtmF.jpg
4YvfOlq.jpg
oKfn9bN.jpg
af7md8G.jpg

These look fantastic, but I'm torn between these and rolling the dice on Mezco doing some kind of RGB variants to go with their movie figures...

Looks fantastic! Definitely looking forward to the pricing. I just rewatched the show on Netflix, Lorenzo Music is sorely missed.

These look great, smart way for DST to continue the line.
I always found it odd that I didn't like The Real Ghostbusters despite being at the right age for the early shows. I think it's because there was so many great cartoons on back then that I didn't have time for it.

I actually preferred the RGB universe to the movie one, so this is really exciting to me. I have to echo Plastic Bateman above - I too wonder if Mezco ever 'toyed' :)lol) with the idea of RGB variants as well...

I'd love to see the later cartoon versions too like what NECA does. I had a Ray whose goggles moved up his head to make his eyes look like they were huge and a Winston whose jaw went wide open when you squeezed his legs together.

It's a shame Diamond doesn't do vehicles large enough for figures, because the cartoon Ecto 1 would complete this line.

Mattel tried to make the ecto 1, but they couldn't do it.

edit -

Cartoon Janine would be cool too.

Definitely think I'll be picking these up. Huge part of my childhood. The first couple seasons of the show are brilliant, and really capture the spirit of the first Ghostbusters film. Would love to smack the studio executives who made all the changes in later seasons, and really dumbed it down by making Slimer more of a focus, but I digress. The complete series firehouse box set is one of my favorite dvd's that I own. It doesn't get much better then that set.

Back