"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

shane black is horrible after destroying the iron man franchise just to show that iron man is someone with out the suit, news flash he isnt yea hes brilliant but the suit is what makes him a superhero with out it hell lose in the marvel universe unless he was like the punisher and thats not tonys style, and the bs with the little kid come one, i tell you hollywood never learns after a director has touched a movie, if its good its that directors, you cant go and give it to some guy that wants to put hes 2 cents in there like the guy that did xmen last stand, horrible destroyed the franchise and singer had to clean up with days of a future past, i know they gotta make the money with the kids going and all that but come one the movies that are coming out the avengers, xmen, spiderman, these movies are from the early 90s generation and before, well enought bs lol but i think i made my point lol and predators was ok, the original is the best but like someone said up there continue the franchise dont keep restarting it this isnt edge of tomorrow

^ didn't read...

lol-didn-t-read-o.gif

shane black is horrible after destroying the iron man franchise just to show that iron man is someone with out the suit, news flash he isnt yea hes brilliant but the suit is what makes him a superhero with out it hell lose in the marvel universe unless he was like the punisher and thats not tonys style, and the bs with the little kid come one, i tell you hollywood never learns after a director has touched a movie, if its good its that directors, you cant go and give it to some guy that wants to put hes 2 cents in there like the guy that did xmen last stand, horrible destroyed the franchise and singer had to clean up with days of a future past, i know they gotta make the money with the kids going and all that but come one the movies that are coming out the avengers, xmen, spiderman, these movies are from the early 90s generation and before, well enought bs lol but i think i made my point lol and predators was ok, the original is the best but like someone said up there continue the franchise dont keep restarting it this isnt edge of tomorrow

E2IrjHn.jpg

Why not just Predators 2? Holy crap!

Good luck rebooting the original. Might as well paint over Mona Lisa and start again.

Interesting, I always thought Predators was a sequel since they referenced Dutch and the events of original Predator.

Puzzled as to why Shane Black would get involved in a reboot of Predator. Unless its been completely misreported.

Well, not only did he play the role of Hawkins in the original Predator but he was also an uncredited writer on that movie. So he does have a strong connection with the first movie and I'm sure that makes the executives at Fox happy. Personally, I don't care for the guy and wouldn't put him 5 feet from a directors chair from any movie, after seeing IM3.

These studios man, they can't even get a good sequel going, so what makes them think rebooting it will do any good? I'm sure they think the reason the new movies don't make money is because the source material it's oudated for the current generation, when in reality, they just can't make a decent movie that people will want to watch.

Look at Terminator. That had the potential to be the best franchise in the history of movies... there was so much that it could have been done (DONE RIGHT!) after T2 but instead they drove that **** into the ground with tired ideas, ridiculous comedy, bad casting and dare I say, over using Arnold.

Nobody has the guts to do what must be done and that is why the Predator franchise is now crap, Terminator is now crap, Aliens is now crap, Star Wars is now crap (and it will continue to be, after the new movies).

Thank god for the Marvel movies. It's the only franchise that brings me happiness and excitement lately. I hope it continues that way.

Well, not only did he play the role of Hawkins in the original Predator but he was also an uncredited writer on that movie. So he does have a strong connection with the first movie and I'm sure that makes the executives at Fox happy. Personally, I don't care for the guy and wouldn't put him 5 feet from a directors chair from any movie, after seeing IM3.

These studios man, they can't even get a good sequel going, so what makes them think rebooting it will do any good? I'm sure they think the reason the new movies don't make money is because the source material it's oudated for the current generation, when in reality, they just can't make a decent movie that people will want to watch.

Look at Terminator. That had the potential to be the best franchise in the history of movies... there was so much that it could have been done (DONE RIGHT!) after T2 but instead they drove that **** into the ground with tired ideas, ridiculous comedy, bad casting and dare I say, over using Arnold.

Nobody has the guts to do what must be done and that is why the Predator franchise is now crap, Terminator is now crap, Aliens is now crap, Star Wars is now crap (and it will continue to be, after the new movies).

Thank god for the Marvel movies. It's the only franchise that brings me happiness and excitement lately. I hope it continues that way.

For the most part, yes. :lol

I knew of his connection to the original but I just don't know why he would want to revisit it. Unless it is just a payday to him and he's not able to get any other work. And if it's more than that why would he want to reboot rather than writing a sequel to the original. Is there some new potential he sees there that we don't see etc etc.

I like Shane Black. Always been intrigued by Fred Dekker. We have all farted in public, and Robocop 3 was his.

I'd rather see life in the Predator franchise in the form of these guys than none at all (or Robert Rodriguez). Go team.

Predators was terrible, it felt like fan fic than a real movie. At least P2 tried something different. I don't get why Predators gets away with a lot of things while P2 tends to get the short end of the stick.

A standalone Predator movie is the way to go, and not a reboot either. I'm thinking something taking place in Nazi Germany. Or, since that era's been done to death in the last decade, how about the plot of the Concrete Jungle game? As messy as that thing was, the story was pretty interesting. Or make a sequel to RR's Predator's on the Predator homeworld, showcasing the actual feud between the clans. But for the love of all that is holy, don't start all over. There's really no reason to. This is like rebooting Alien (which, sadly, I also see in our future).

They were describing Terminator Genesis as a reboot but it actually just seems to be more time travel stuff. Seems its gonna be like Abrams Star Trek - still set in that same universe but altering the established continuity.

Can't do that here. Reboot will probably really mean reboot.

if a reboot is the only way to bring Predator back in theaters, then do it. I Say go for it, I am 100% behind this Only because I want to see more predator movies.

I know this sucks, and I know that they should have made Predator 3 or PREDATORS 2. We need more sequels than remakes.

But after AVP and AVPR I am ready for anything. I don't care. Bring WHATEVER they want to bring. Just as long as we get some new cool design for the predator. New armor or something.

I Loved the predator designs in PREDATORS. I loved them, but the movie for me is boring until the last 30 minutes. I hate that they took so long to show the predators.
but again, Just as long as we got new predators on screen I am okay with it.

Back