The Pacific

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My all free movie channel deal with DirecTV is up, so I guess I'll have to pay to keep HBO for this show.

Re: HBO's The Pacific

There is a thread, some d-bags are too lazy to look. :gun
Well for your information I did do a search before I started the new thread and nothing came up. I specifically put in "The Pacific" to no results and I wasn't about to do a page by page search.

Thanks for your politeness though, it's much appreciated.

Being a Marine and a huge lover of history. I can not wait for this show to start. HBO actually came to our base last week and did a free showing of the first episode. They even brought the actors playing the 3 main characters, to talk to Marines and answer questions.

Really cool for HBO to do that for us, I thought.

Being a Marine and a huge lover of history. I can not wait for this show to start. HBO actually came to our base last week and did a free showing of the first episode. They even brought the actors playing the 3 main characters, to talk to Marines and answer questions.

That was totally awesome for them to do that for you guys! :rock

On a side note I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the service you and all the other soldiers are doing for our country. God bless you man and take care of yourself. :duff

On a side note I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the service you and all the other soldiers are doing for our country. God bless you man and take care of yourself. :duff

Maybe you should try it. Sign up. Doing something selfless may actually help you become the respectful and friendly persona you pretend to be online.

That is incredible of them to do and very thoughtful:rock :clap.
Coming from a Military family (UK Military) I am very interested in the history side of things too.
From what I've seen, this series looks like it is really gonna be a great reflection of true heroism/bravery and anguish that came with those events, thereby making it as real as they are ever gonna get.
This is certainly gonna be an outstanding series :rock.

I can't wait until it starts :lecture
x :wave

I cannot wait for this series. I just read With the Old Breed for my history class, and when I was doing a response paper I found out this series is going to be heavily bases on the events on that book. It's gotten me even more pumped than before to watch it.

I'm really looking forward to this. First I love history and find looking back at things like this helps you really appreciate them even more especially if you've ever talked with someone who fought in that situation. Plus if its anything on par with Band Of Brothers then I know it will kick ass. That series is hands down for me one of the best I've ever seen. There where parts that made me sick to my stomach and tear up.

I saw a commercial on TV that this is starting on April 3rd over here in the Netherlands! I'm definitely gonna watch this!!! :rock

April 4th over here :(

Band of brothers was great, this has alot to live up to.

Band of Brothers is one of my all time favorite shows. Not sure if it counts as a show though? Mini Series I guess?? If you haven't read it, read the book!!! Its almost creepy how the actors in the show look near identical to pictures of the characters they portrayed.

man this is really shaping up to be a good series. started out a lot faster than B.O.B. & that's probably a good thing.

Torrents my man!!! I'm gonna watch this tomorrow afternoon. Got to catch up on Caprica and Spartacus tonight. Thanks for reminding me to set the recorder though!!!

Oh man you watch Spartacus: Blood & Sand too? I freakin' love that show! Of course, if you meant something else then I'm just going to be embarrassed lol

Back