The Pacific

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Hanks & Spielberg would do a movie or mini-series on Wake Island.

I read Pacific Alamo: The Ballte for Wake Island & Facing Fearful Odds...both are excellent books about Wake Island and the Marines & civilians who fought there.

I love Band of Brothers, have since it first came out, got the DVDs as soon as they came out, even what got me into 1/6, I started kitbashed Airborne soldiers.

Can't wait for this, I've been hearing about it for years now. Finally found a working trailer and it looks great.

Well, as epic as Band of Brothers was and still is, I can see The Pacific matching this at the very least, if not surpassing it, as the battles of Iwo Jima and Wake Island were beyond crazy.

Having been on Iwo Jima a few times, every time I went, I would get a chill. That place is creepy.

Can't wait for this show, it's gonna be awesome!!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/noUJHcdX6KU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/noUJHcdX6KU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

HBO's The Pacific

I'm completely shocked there isn't a thread for this already. Shame on you people! :thwak :lol

I absolutely loved Band of Brothers and I'm so pumped up to see this! I saw some previews and behind the scenes and it looks absolutely epic! This Sunday can't come soon enough! :rock :rock

How about the rest of you guys?

Re: HBO's The Pacific

Yep i'll be watching for sure & i also loved Band of Brothers so can't wait for this. :rock

Re: HBO's The Pacific

I'm completely shocked there isn't a thread for this already. Shame on you people! :thwak :lol

I absolutely loved Band of Brothers and I'm so pumped up to see this! I saw some previews and behind the scenes and it looks absolutely epic! This Sunday can't come soon enough! :rock :rock

How about the rest of you guys?

There's no thread because this series will be too good & important to even discuss on a geek site. :monkey1

hell yes, been waiting on this series. brings back the days of looking forward to sunday evenings watching band-o-brothers...:woo

I'm really looking forward to this too (hi Ill :wave).

I know it's been advertised as a mini-series (here anyway) but does anyone know how many episodes it is?, just curious is all.
x :peace

Back