The Pacific

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torrents my man!!! I'm gonna watch this tomorrow afternoon. Got to catch up on Caprica and Spartacus tonight. Thanks for reminding me to set the recorder though!!!

I'm going to wait for the blu-ray, quality means too much for me. Everytime I download a show it looks like crap.

Powerful first episode, excellent setup to what is sure to be an amazing series. As Barryo said, they sure didn't waste any time getting into it, I'm looking forward to seeing the soldiers characters get more fleshed out. Looking forward to the next episode.

I agree. Great start to the series. Get the characters introduced and then jump ya right on in. Appears to be right on track to be up there with BOB.

It was indeed a great first episode but it ended like 6 minutes short of the full hour and I wanted those 6 minutes damnit! :lol The preview of future episodes was awesome, I can't wait for the next one! :rock

Glad to hear the first episode seems to have lived up to expectations.
This is gonna be amazing, I know it :rock

I keep seeing the adverts for it on TV and it's annoying cos I just want them to just show it already :rock :lol

Sweet, hopefully that means it will be released on DVD around the same time.
x :wave

My favorite part of the episode was 1) the reveal after the night fire fight with the bodies littering the beach, the reactions of the Marines seemed very realistic and 2) the lone Japanese soldier who was being shot at playfully by the Marines. He was obviously screaming for them to kill him since he had been defeated. It showed them they were facing a new kind of enemy, one unlike they've ever seen.

I really like the story so far with the young man who has the heart murmur and can't join. Been through something similar myself. Great first episode, can't wait to see more!

Yeah the first episode was great and i can't wait for the next one! :rock

Had to DVR the first episode, watched it last night. Holy ____. I'm really glad they are showing this side of the war, as i've studied a lot of it. It's really looking true to form.

The aftermath of the Alligator Creek fight was amazingly shot/acted. Especially...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't wait for more. :rock

Totally agree with you man.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm really glad they are telling this side of the war. I'm not gonna claim to know a whole lot about it but Japan has always been a major interest for me. I guess I try to understand their side of it more even though there were looked at as savages and all that. They just had a very serious code and belief system that they lived by.

Anyway, bring on the next episode! :rock

Totally agree with you man.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm really glad they are telling this side of the war. I'm not gonna claim to know a whole lot about it but Japan has always been a major interest for me. I guess I try to understand their side of it more even though there were looked at as savages and all that. They just had a very serious code and belief system that they lived by.

Anyway, bring on the next episode! :rock

Indeed. I've always been fascinated with the way of life the Japanese have lived. I want to go there for vacation next year, and hopefully move there for a while one day.

After information recently posted regarding an upcoming Blu-ray release of the HBO miniseries The Pacific, the studio has requested the removal of the video mentioning that the miniseries would be released on disc in time for Father's Day. HBO also clarifies that, while an exact release date has not been announced, it will not come out "any earlier than the second half of the year."

Guess we have to wait a bit longer for the Blu-Ray release :monkey2

Back