• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

THE ONE RING LOTR 1/6th custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've still got the making for some KD. Just PM me.

Lee, the chain was tarnished very slightly as the brand new chain looked, well, brand new and detracted from the shininess of the Ring itself. But a tiny bit of chrome/metal cleaner as you discovered should brighten it up if so desired.

Thanks again everyone! Glad you like 'em. :duff
I'm hard at work now on another custom for you guys.

Mine was completely tarnished actually, no silver left, I'll try the chrome/metal cleaner. You got a PM for another one ring btw. ;) :D

Mine was completely tarnished actually, no silver left, I'll try the chrome/metal cleaner. You got a PM for another one ring btw. ;) :D

Hmm. I've tried to keep them all uniform and compared them to the original shiny chain to make sure only a tiny bit of shine is reduced. Cocoboloboy's pic posted below is representative of how these are coming out. But as I said the tarnish is light and should buff off easily is you prefer.

img0537hu7.jpg

For those of you waiting for yours, another batch of Rings went out today.
:duff

Ordered and paid up!
Thanks man - look forward to the custom ring!

I guess now I'll have to get Frodo after all (& probably Samwise too)

I cannot say enough good things about how this small yet powerful addition makes this piece shine!

Before:

IMG_7948Small.jpg

Comparision:

IMG_7950Small.jpg

New:

IMG_7955Small.jpg

Excellent work!!!

Awesome pictures Mike!! :rock

I'm so happy about how this came out. Even happier that I've been able to share it with you guys. Since this custom has been such a big success I'm working on some more customs and upgrades to offer here in the future. Suggestions are always welcome. I hope you all enjoy what I've got cooking as much as The Ring.

Great illustration Mike! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't jump on this (unless making their own), the quality is top-notch and cheap as dirt :rock

Awesome pictures Mike!! :rock

I'm so happy about how this came out. Even happier that I've been able to share it with you guys. Since this custom has been such a big success I'm working on some more customs and upgrades to offer here in the future. Suggestions are always welcome. I hope you all enjoy what I've got cooking as much as The Ring.

Oh, now I want to know more about the new customs! share your ideas! you cannot leave us like that!
Plus we have to save money :naughty

I only have Boromir (and Frodo and Sam but I haven´t received them yet) so I can´t think about any other suggestions other than Boromir´s cloak but that would be more difficult to do.

Anyway wanna know your ideas regarding new customs!

Btw longing to get my One Ring! Hopefully next week! (hopefully in time for my b-day next wednesday! ;) )

Got my One Ring today! It arrived before Frodo and Sam so can´t share pics yet, but it rocks!!! I had no idea it would be THAT tiny! I love it.

Great work! Thanks for all :)

Got mine today too. It looks 100x better than the ring and chain that came with Frodo.

Thnx Jeff!!!! You :rock

Back