The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

:lol

Yeah, my uncle has motion smoother on his TV. I was watching The Godfather when I first noticed it and I was like "WTF is wrong with your tv?". I think it was on low, too. I turn off the setting every time I'm over there. :D

I really hate the look and feel of it. That has nothing to do with it being something "new" (it's not). I've liked the "film look" before I even knew what that was. It's very distinct.

Doesn't Jimmy Cameron want to go 60fps? :yuck

He does now since Jackson did 48fps. :lol

He'll have to re-release Avatar in it.

I can't wait to see it in 24fps, because in theory, it did look quite beautiful.

How was the 3D?

Worth it or no?

I'll probably end up seeing it 2D unless I hear otherwise.

Eh. You know, after Dredd, 3D is boring to be honest. Dredd was that action movie I was waiting for, and Prometheus was the horror flick I was waiting for, now i've gotten everything I wanted from the format.

Best 3D movie I've ever seen, even better than Avatar. You will like it. Celtic has a retardation...

You've probably only seen Avatar.

And you probably use that smooth motion setting to compensate the crack you just smoked. :lol

I seem to be good at picking 3D. From the coolest, like Tron Legacy, to the most immersive, Transformers 3 (the final battle...wow), and Prometheus, which was probably one of the best 3D films ever done. Really great color in that movie. Mixed with the long hallways, which gave a different visual depth perception then Avatar did.

And for the shlocky 3D, Drive Angry was fun.

Dredd was probably the most visually impressive, due to the tricks they used on it. Plus, it's nice to see blood in a 3D movie that didn't suck. :yess:

Best 3D movie I've ever seen, even better than Avatar. You will like it. Celtic has a retardation...

Ok, I would say the exact opposite.....I couldn't even tell the movie was shot in 3d, honestly. I was watching this in IMAX 3D HFR, and wishing I was in a standard 2d presentation.....

Sad to say, I am a huge hater - wanted to love it, but it was like eye rape to me

Ok, I would say the exact opposite.....I couldn't even tell the movie was shot in 3d, honestly. I was watching this in IMAX 3D HFR, and wishing I was in a standard 2d presentation.....

Sad to say, I am a huge hater - wanted to love it, but it was like eye rape to me

That sucks.:( Watch it in 24fps 3D. You'll know enjoy the 3D more. It's phenomenal.

Celtic still on the fps deal?

:slap

It's always going to be there. You didn't think the moment they announced they were going to go against 100 + years of film style to just brush it under the rug.

If i'm not saying it, others will. Which they did. Because it's interesting.

Ah! See! I can't comment on 3D 24fps! I did not see that. I saw the eye rape version. :lol

:lol For someone your age, I was expecting you to adapt to the HFR quickly. Guess not!:monkey1 I'll be watching this again, this time in IMAX 3D HFR and regular 2D. Then I'll have a better idea which format I prefer most.

This may have been asked in the thread, but I don't want to, potentially, see spolers.

So, are ther any clips/scenes within or post-credits?

Thanks!

Back