The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

So, how lighthearted did PJ make this ya think? Not much? A lot? To me so far it seems it will be in line with the other ring movies (on purpose) But i'm not totally sure.

I can only speculate but I think, based on the book, interviews with cast and crew and the trailers we've seen this first installment will be more lighthearted then any of the previous films but will get darker and more complex and the trilogy progresses.

I believe Gandalfs storyline will be darker more mythologically driven and tie into the Lord of the Rings plot, while Bilbo and the Dwarves story will be more adventurous in nature.

I think it will be more lighthearted but as a whole will be line line with The Lord of the Rings.

something Interesting I saw

Lord of the Rings inspired wraith hoodie

wraith-odd-1.jpeg
wraith-odd-1b.jpeg

Now the Aragorn outfit at the end of ROTK is a different story!
:rotfl

As far as me wearing it? Doubt that would happen. I don't have the guts to try and do the cosplay thing to be honest. I do like how it looks on screen though.

I would use the wraith hoodie to sleep actually, when it's cold. Looks super comfortable.

I hope they make one for cats, that would be cool.

A wraith cat.

googled wraith cat and nothing really came up, that's a first... Usually there is always someone crazy enough to do anything, even dress their cat as a ringwraith LOL :lol (or so I thought)

was this posted already?

JRR Tolkien's Family Sues Hobbit Bosses As Premiere Edges Closer

With just a few days remaining until the big premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the estate of the book's author is going to sue the film's bosses for causing "irreparable harm" to JRR Tolkien's legacy. The lawsuit for $98 million is accusing Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, and Saul Zaentz Co of copyright infringement and a breach of contract. The lawsuit claims that the studios did harm to the legacy of Tolkien by authorizing inappropriate merchandise based on his works, including a Lord of the Rings-based online gambling game, which has recently been discovered.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-family-sues-The-Hobbit-movie-makers-80m.html

https://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981766243

The only problem I see with their claim against the online version of the slot, is that the slot is tangible and has been around, this is a direct copy of their property (the physical slot machine)
This is one case I do feel for the Tolkiens, if all that crap is in the works that the article claims, they should have at least consulted the family and went back to the table for negotiations. Going by the article it seems like they've been fairly open to allowing licensing use to the movie company, don't know why they wouldn't consult with the family's law team before moving forward. :dunno

As far as me wearing it? Doubt that would happen. I don't have the guts to try and do the cosplay thing to be honest. I do like how it looks on screen though.

I hear ya. Props to those guys that go all out for the conventions. I have the solution for those of us too chicken to put on the outfits and go out in public: Replica pajamas.

I hear ya. Props to those guys that go all out for the conventions. I have the solution for those of us too chicken to put on the outfits and go out in public: Replica pajamas.

I agree. I do tip my cap to them because they're doing something I won't be trying. Replica PJ's? Now that I can do. :rock

The only problem I see with their claim against the online version of the slot, is that the slot is tangible and has been around, this is a direct copy of their property (the physical slot machine)
This is one case I do feel for the Tolkiens, if all that crap is in the works that the article claims, they should have at least consulted the family and went back to the table for negotiations. Going by the article it seems like they've been fairly open to allowing licensing use to the movie company, don't know why they wouldn't consult with the family's law team before moving forward. :dunno

It depends on what kind of an agreement they made. They don't need to consult with them every time something comes up. I always hate over licensing of a movie or other things, but if you make an agreement, you really can't say too much.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqyzHwnEiY"]The Hobbit Vlog 9[/ame]

That's fantastic. I like how Gandalf's comment references something he says to Frodo in Fellowship of the Ring. I'm so jealous that I couldn't be down there for the world premiere. I am so very much looking forward to this movie as much as I have anything in the last decade.

Back