The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I hope they won't turn it into a CGI kiddy travesty since the Hobbit has a much younger target audience than LotR has.

Hobbit WAS written for the younger reading audience, but I seriously doubt del Toro, Jackson, et al will kiddie it up. There are very dark themes in the book, despite the style of writing that Tolkien used. Both Jackson and del Toro have shown that they are fond of darker shadings. And I'm sure they know that the movie fans who are invested in the world of Middle earth will not accept anything less than a continuation of the world, albeit in keeping with the progression from carefree lightness of the Shire to dark realities of the bigger world that the Hobbit has. Jackson managed to do that with LOTR by making the Shire so very intensely bright and slowly adding and layering shadows and darkening the palette as the quest progressed.

didnt know u lived in NZ u ever seen the lion man :lol

Yea I have seen the Lion Man on TV and just recently in person up at the Zion Lion Park
He was a nice guy, but in my opinion you have too be pretty mad too go lie down with Lions and Tigers like he does, those Lions and Tigers are a lot bigger in person :lol

Last edited:

Hobbit WAS written for the younger reading audience, but I seriously doubt del Toro, Jackson, et al will kiddie it up. There are very dark themes in the book, despite the style of writing that Tolkien used. Both Jackson and del Toro have shown that they are fond of darker shadings. And I'm sure they know that the movie fans who are invested in the world of Middle earth will not accept anything less than a continuation of the world, albeit in keeping with the progression from carefree lightness of the Shire to dark realities of the bigger world that the Hobbit has. Jackson managed to do that with LOTR by making the Shire so very intensely bright and slowly adding and layering shadows and darkening the palette as the quest progressed.

:lecture:clap

Yea I have seen the Lion Man on TV and just recently in person up at the Zion Lion Park
He was a nice guy, but in my opinion you have too be pretty made too go lie down with Lions and Tigers like he does, those Lions and Tigers are a lot bigger in person :lol

i watch his show alot :rock:rock:rock:rock :D

im really looking forward to the riddles in the dark scene, should be pretty funny. anyone know if andy serkis is coming back to do gollum :huh

Yup. I think it has been confirmed by several sources, including GDT and Serkis himself.

thats good, i thought he probably would come back. he is gollum :rock:rock

It would be blasphemy to not bring Serkis back as Gollum

Serkis = Gollum

OMG...

Gollum is a man!

Back