The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Let me know what u guys think.I saw it last year and whilst good wasn't blown away like a lot of people are.I plan on watching it again as i had a lot going on at the time which just might make my opinion invalid.:D
i thought it was awesome :rock damn scary monsters though that crazy thing with the eye balls in its hand, my sister got very creeped out by that :lol . i seem to get more engrossed by films with sub-titles, i suppose u concentrate more. very clever stuff
Guillermo:

“Well the only thing I can say is that we are now finally and officially and merrily in progression on the scripting process. We are all actively working on it and having a grand time at it. It keeps transforming and changing and it is ‘the most beautiful’ writing experience of my life, I’m enjoying it tremendously – and there’s bound to be news soon enough.”

Very Promising!

I can't wait

FUN=GOOD :rock:rock cant wait

Guillermo:

“Well the only thing I can say is that we are now finally and officially and merrily in progression on the scripting process. We are all actively working on it and having a grand time at it. It keeps transforming and changing and it is ‘the most beautiful’ writing experience of my life, I’m enjoying it tremendously – and there’s bound to be news soon enough.”

Very Promising!

I can't wait

Bring on the news!!!

Over on TORN they have confirmed the Shore is working on the score as of now!:banana

Although I love the Hobbit, it was written as a childrens book. I guess the movie will try to include more adult elements ie more fighting and gore. Not that I'm complaining.

I did enjoy PL when I watched it. It was very different from what I am used to watching but it is so visually rich, which I am expecting from him for the Hobbit.

panimage~15.jpg

spooky vision :lol this thing was seriously creepy.

I think one of GDT's other movies was the Devil's Backbone I think which was also pretty good.

This is the first time I've looked in the thread, its great to see things actually happening now, can't wait to return to Middle earth!

GDT also made The Orphanage. Great movie, albeit another scary one. The ending justifies all the scary elements they present. If you liked the twist on PL, give this one a try. Personally Devil's Backbone is on my list of things to watch, but for some reason I haven't run into too many rental places that carry it.

GDT also made The Orphanage. Great movie, albeit another scary one. The ending justifies all the scary elements they present. If you liked the twist on PL, give this one a try. Personally Devil's Backbone is on my list of things to watch, but for some reason I haven't run into too many rental places that carry it.

he only produced that one. great movie though. and devil's backbone was great as well. can't wait for this.

I hope they won't turn it into a CGI kiddy travesty since the Hobbit has a much younger target audience than LotR has.

I love Guillermo's style!!
Since Chronos, I've been a huge fan of his career, he's a very gifted and visionary director, Pan's is my favorite of his...
and I love his vision of Hellboy!!
This is going to be an awesome movie, GDT and PJ are like Spielberg and Lucas from the 80's!

I hope they won't turn it into a CGI kiddy travesty since the Hobbit has a much younger target audience than LotR has.

Can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure he's on record as saying that there are dark elements in the book and he's looking to focus/expand on them so worry not!

Can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure he's on record as saying that there are dark elements in the book and he's looking to focus/expand on them so worry not!

Sounds good!

Back