The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

All bets are off with regards to the 2nd movie. If they want to show Aragorn tracking Gollum, there's nothing written anywhere that PJ can't do that. As far as the timespan of what the 2nd movie covers, it's fairly open. If they keep The Hobbit storyline pristine, and do all the LOTR nods using the 2nd film, then who's to say this can't be a fanwanker film! Let's give PJ the latitude he needs to tie The Hobbit to LOTR using the 2nd film, folks.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that The Hobbit story will be told over the 2 films? Not The Hobbit in film 1 and bridge to LOTR in film 2?

Don't make me suggest we add another sticky thread explaining this! I may not hear the end of it!!

Saruman was part of the White Council.

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Council

* Dol Goldur was Sauron's stronghold in Mirkwood

Yeah, once I heard those other characters would be in it this only made sense. It's also another great way to connect the Hobbit with LOTR... I'd love to see Gandalf in the dungeons of Dol Guldur. That could provide some creative visuals.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that The Hobbit story will be told over the 2 films? Not The Hobbit in film 1 and bridge to LOTR in film 2?

Don't make me suggest we add another sticky thread explaining this! I may not hear the end of it!!

:exactly: :clap :goodpost: :clap :exactly:

Dont expect PJ & Co to be so beholden to the strict time-line of the books; some events will be condensed to fit the medium of film better. That's just how it is. As we know for example, there was 17 years inbetween the time of Bilbo's 111th b-day party and when Gandalf actually sends Frodo off on his quest in the the book. In the movie, this time period is mere months.

Honestly, I can't imagine having a problem with any changes made.

I would prefer major changes to following the book word for word. That would be one lame movie.

As long is the basic story of the Hobbit is still recognizable in there somewhere, and Smaug looks awesome I'll be happy! :rock

Specualtion aside [because that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee], is there any official news pertaining to the content of these two movies? :confused:

Last edited:

Yes. It will be based on the book 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien ;)

You sure about that? I mean you are the guy who positively said there would be no "bridge" movie.......how's that working out? :wink1:

You sure about that? I mean you are the guy who positively said there would be no "bridge" movie.......how's that working out? :wink1:

Wait. You mean there IS going to be a bridge movie?!

Also:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The last word was that it is still "The Hobbit" over the two films, with the filler stuff (white council etc.) dotted inbetween.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Are you sure? A quick look at his/her profile seems to imply otherwise...

[Edit] Actually on closer inspection I see the name "Jon" in there. Perhaps he just likes the gents. :peace

The tale of the Hobbit should be the full focus of the films with the 'bridging' kept to a minimal. If people need the full background, then read the books! :wink1:

Go for the trilogy PJ :lol

Wo wo wo Woodsy!! When was it announced there would be a bridge movie? I've always said it's my BELIEF that The Hobbit will be told over both movies, with White Council stuff in there too.

And yes, i'm a guy who's married to a guy. Any problems? It seems Woodsy does...

Bring on the Hobbit :lecture :lecture
I really don't care how many films (although if they really milk it and make 5 I'll be pissed :lol), I just wanna see it :lecture
We've waited long enough. We needsss it preciousss :gollum:
x :wave

Wo wo wo Woodsy!! When was it announced there would be a bridge movie? I've always said it's my BELIEF that The Hobbit will be told over both movies, with White Council stuff in there too.

And yes, i'm a guy who's married to a guy. Any problems? It seems Woodsy does...

:lol I really couldn't care less who you're married to, but if you want people to think you're a guy, then start acting like one..... and I don't think these little "drama queen" comments of yours are helping your cause. :dunno As for my apparent problems with you lifesytle....really?

How is it that someone who considers himself to be intelligent can't seem to figure out my problem with him has nothing to do with his lifestyle and everything to do with his complete lack of integrity? :confused: And yes, deliberately branding someone a "homophobe" when you know it's a lie....is my idea of a person with some serious integrity issues.:lecture

Back