The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

No thank you! I'll stay on land then! :lol

The "captain" may've gotten two girls on top of him though. :yess:

That dont count if your unconscious...LOL..The only thing that stopped his fall/momentum was his skull hitting the floor or side of the boat..LOL...damn I must have watched this 100 times already..LOL

I hope this is what happens to 48fps HFR

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5444-1354297408-3.gif

Movies should look like movies, not like hi def tv shows.

:lol

And exactly.I don't want it to look like Days Of Our Lives with Hobbits. I'm passing on that HFR 3D gimmick. 2D for me.

I'm still looking/laughing and studying that GIF...LOL...That chick with the glasses hit her mouth on the edge real hard...the other chick hit her head on the chair

The 48 FPS thing that everyone's complaining about.

I know..lol...Like I said I will check it out and give it a shot...If the film is great then the film is great I dont care what format it is in...One day this might very well be the future of film...just like Bluray and HD for video....

I don't care for 3D and hope it dies off again soon. But I do believe Nolan is on to something with true imax, I can't wait for a full blockbuster movie in that format.

10 days to go:yess:

^ Have you even seen what it looks like?

Yes. It's terrible. Looks like a BBC HD tv show at times. It's pure hi def video. Doesn't look like film at all. It also lacks anything even remotely sublime.

This isn't a gimmick like 3D, it is a new technology aesthetic geared towards a generation raised on 60fps video games. It's crass and awful and will pull you right out of a movie.

Watch the movie in 24fps

I hope this is what happens to 48fps HFR

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5444-1354297408-3.gif

Movies should look like movies, not like hi def tv shows.

I bet she's mad at losing her 150 Dollar pair of Hobbit Oakleys......plus a couple of teeth....LOL

Damn the girl in the pink got knocked out.

I can't wait to see the opening. I heard it's like the Prologue in Fellowship of the Ring and it starts out with a battle with Thorin and Co.

I wonder how the title sequence will play out? First "The Hobbit", then after the prologue is over and we're introduced to young Bilbo, "An Unexpected Journey"?

lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-2001.png

Fellowship%2B1%2BTitle.jpg

Whats wrong with BBC HD? :dunno

You want your movies to look like tv shows shot on video and completely different than film? Because if you do then this new format is for you.

The hyper-clarity and frame rate makes everything look fake. The sets look unrealistic, the makeup looks cheesy, etc.

This will work well for nature documentaries. But for fantasy films? GTFO.

I remember my mate had his tv on the wrong frame rate setting or whatever and it made films look pants and weird, like a documentary or shoddy tv production.

I remember my mate had his tv on the wrong frame rate setting or whatever and it made films look pants and weird, like a documentary or shoddy tv production.

That's EXACTLY what this 48fps looks like. Is so clear and "fast" that it just looks fake and... wrong. No other way to describe it.

I was watching some old Twilight Zones on Netflix and randomly some episodes looked so cheaply made. Wanna know why? They shot those on video instead of film. Oh boy, what a stupid idea for movies and film!

This isn't a huge concern at the moment for me. Aren't most theaters currently unable to even project this at 48fps? I want the 2D version that looks like real film please. My concern comes to the Bluray when this is released but that's a ways off.

Hm sorta like those samsung TV's with the high framrate. So we dont watch it in 3D?

My first viewing will be in 24fps because I don't want to worry about any issues I might have. Now, that Saturday of the weekend it opens I have tickets to see it in IMAX 3D 48fps. So at that point I can see if its a method of movie showing I will like.

Going to IMAX on opening Thursday night and again on Saturday. I'm not really a fan of 3D but I figured why not. Last movie I saw was Silent Hill 2 and I watched that in 3D because I didn't have a choice. However, once the movie started I just sat back and enjoyed the show and didn't over analyse but that's just me. I'm sure the Hobbit will be the same.

Back