The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I'm getting excited. Still not sure about the three movie decision but I can't wait! :rock

Sadly I probably won't get to the darn theater to see it. I hope I can squeeze it in!

His ring is all the proof he needs.

Right you also have his ring though even in the books it seems to be more the name and Anduril that do it. In the movies the ring seems to be nothing of a big deal except to Gandalf, Aragorn, Grima, and Saruman.

Right you also have his ring though even in the books it seems to be more the name and Anduril that do it. In the movies the ring seems to be nothing of a big deal except to Gandalf, Aragorn, Grima, and Saruman.

If you remember in the books it's actually the fact that he carries the shards of Narsil around that identify him, not the mere mention of his name. :lecture

Looking forward to this!

However, I must say that I'm surprised at all the people who want even more shoe-horning of elements from the LotR in this film... Too much and it might ruin it - the Hobbit story stands well enough on its own.

Just look at the SW prequels, ugh. Not that that was it's only problem, but... ugh.

If you remember in the books it's actually the fact that he carries the shards of Narsil around that identify him, not the mere mention of his name. :lecture

Right the shards give creedence to his name and that he is who he says he is.

This is a good example of something PJ did that I preferred over what was in the book.

Me too... Aside from the more conflicted Faramir, that was one of the changes I most liked as well. :hi5:

Yes 500 i think Elros was the longest lived.

Yup...Elronds Brother chose his path to become a mortal man...he wasnt born into it and could have remained immortal if he so choosed...Their births pretty much marked the start of the second age....They had some awesome lineage...

Aragorn only lived to the age of 210, not the best age for a Numenorean.

smoking-pipe--signs---vector-4671a8.jpg

Okay....I'm seeing a preview in about four hours. I'm not even sure whether I'll be seeing the 3D or the 48fps...but I'm seeing it. I feel like a little kid right now. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Back