The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

That's beside the point though, as you can have a shared license, unless there's an exclusivity clause throughout its duration stipulating otherwise, somewhere in the contract.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking we need 1/6 figures based on some of the characters in the Hobbit films. Hell, we need new ones of past LOTR releases, to be quite honest. I don't mind seeing updates of certain figures from time to time, especially ones I missed out on for whatever reason, be it quality or funds.

Like I said I don't know how that all works. I do know you won't see 1:6th statues from anyone for the hobbit but from Weta and no 1:6th lotr except from SS.

Like I said I don't know how that all works. I do know you won't see 1:6th statues from anyone for the hobbit but from Weta and no 1:6th lotr except from SS.

There are 1/6 statues from both Weta and SS. You don't think SS will ever do any?

Sure someday SS may get to make statues for the hobbit but it's not going to be anytime soon.

147.gif

Don't be sad. Weta does a great job so grab some of those and your collection will be better for it. Then if SS gets to make some you can always add those as well. I've got one Weta statue for the hobbit and from what they had at sdcc I'm getting many more.

There are 1/6 statues from both Weta and SS. You don't think SS will ever do any?

That's because they were Sideshow/Weta, working together. What good days they were!
But seperately, they can't both do them at the same time. I'm glad Weta got it - it makes sense, they will be releasing to us statues of creatures and characters they designed and brought to life themselves! How much more authentic can you get, short of actually owning something from the films?
But then i'm also glad Sideshow are doing more LOTR statues, as i can add some to my existing collection when i see something i like. I think Sideshow will surely one day do something for The Hobbit.

I don't want to get into a Weta vs Sideshow debate, but I prefer the Sideshow statues to the Weta, at least for LotR anyway.

I don't want to get into a Weta vs Sideshow debate, but I prefer the Sideshow statues to the Weta, at least for LotR anyway.

:goodpost: Same. I have too much coming this upcoming year anyway.

Speaking of LOTR collectibles, does anyone here have the Kineve Tungsten Carbide One Ring, gold plated in 18k?

I've seen pics, as well as a video on youtube, but I can't really find anything conclusive about whether or not the ring fades with prolonged use. I generally assume all kinds of plating tarnishes after a while, but I know almost nothing about this tungsten material, which is supposedly scratch resistent to everything save for diamonds. Granted, that means it would shatter like glass if dropped from a relative distance.

Speaking of LOTR collectibles, does anyone here have the Kineve Tungsten Carbide One Ring, gold plated in 18k?

I've seen pics, as well as a video on youtube, but I can't really find anything conclusive about whether or not the ring fades with prolonged use. I generally assume all kinds of plating tarnishes after a while, but I know almost nothing about this tungsten material, which is supposedly scratch resistent to everything save for diamonds. Granted, that means it would shatter like glass if dropped from a relative distance.

Gold plating doesn't tarnish, but it will wear off in time and it does scratch. The plating is what you'd have to worry about, not what's underneath it. If you don't plan on wearing it, it should be fine for a long time.

Normal gold plating does tarnish though. That's one of the ways in which it rubs off. o_O

Anyway, I've read a few statements that the plating doesn't scratch off the Tungsten Kineve 18k One Ring, for whatever reason. This has me curious as to whether it will tarnish with prolonged wear? I know the ring has been in production since at least 2009, so someone here must have some experience with the ring in question?

Those are all on the iPad ap so if you want to dl that you can see them all the time.

Back