The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

The Dwarves look great. Man, cannot wait to get my butt in the theater to see these two films.

First pics of a few of the dwarves up on the onering.net

262019_217504438285169_160617097307237_579649_5124322_n.jpg

They look a bit too... Disney to me. :dunno

I'll get over that, but it's my initial reaction.

I tend to think of the dwarves as badasses but as long as they don't make a joke of Thorin, I guess I'll be happy.

...and Balin. He better not look like one of the Seven Dwarves either...

With so many dwarves in the cast, they have got to visually differentiate them or the audience will never tell them apart. We aren't dealing with a group of nine heroes from four or five different races--this is a dozen dwarves. It's going to be tough making each one unique and distinct, so their appearances are naturally going to be all over the place, and not just a bunch of Gimli clones.

They look a bit too... Disney to me. :dunno

I agree they look a bit more fanciful compared to Gimli from the LOTR movies, but I'm actually pleasantly surpised by that. They totally look like they fit the tone of the book to me.

I don't need a diamond shaped hair piece to differentiate. :lol

I agree they look a bit more fanciful compared to Gimli from the LOTR movies, but I'm actually pleasantly surpised by that. They totally look like they fit the tone of the book to me.

I agree--and I'm really happy to see that PJ is having fun with the project and coming up with some fresh ideas. It would be so easy to just give us more of the same, but these designs show me that there is still some freshness and innovation left in Middle-Earth, while not straying too far from what we know and love.

With so many dwarves in the cast, they have got to visually differentiate them or the audience will never tell them apart. We aren't dealing with a group of nine heroes from four or five different races--this is a dozen dwarves. It's going to be tough making each one unique and distinct, so their appearances are naturally going to be all over the place, and not just a bunch of Gimli clones.

Good points. Like I said, I'll get used to it.

I DO actually agree with tom and TOM. I'z juss sayin' iz all. :lol

*insert gif of Gandalf from RotK's after life speech to Pippin saying "not at all"*

Exactly! Thats gonna be one of the largest challanges I think for PJ and crew making them look different without going to far. Those of us that have read the story will know them once we hear the name once but the causual fan needs a bit more help.

I agree--and I'm really happy to see that PJ is having fun with the project and coming up with some fresh ideas. It would be so easy to just give us more of the same, but these designs show me that there is still some freshness and innovation left in Middle-Earth, while not straying too far from what we know and love.

Yup, The Hobbit is a bit more light hearted so PJ having fun and making sure there is a little bit of difference between this and LOTR is awesome

Exactly! Thats gonna be one of the largest challanges I think for PJ and crew making them look different without going to far. Those of us that have read the story will know them once we hear the name once but the causual fan needs a bit more help.

Yup, The Hobbit is a bit more light hearted so PJ having fun and making sure there is a little bit of difference between this and LOTR is awesome

:clap

Just as long as it doesn't feel like Rankin - Bass

PJ should definitely use this song:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XzrhXay4w"]YouTube - ‪Greatest Adventure‬‏[/ame]

Back