The Official T-800 Comparison Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing what Galmando did

I gave him a 'Hot blast' with my 'bazooka sprayer'.

WTF?!!!!!!

kennerterminator006.jpg

These are all from your collections? I'm impressed.

Yeah theres a kinda charm with the retro stuff, I had those figures as a kid and lost them along the way, I picked up that kenner stuff for nostaligia about a year ago. I posted this pic in another thread as this commando figure is my orginal one from when I was a wee lad in the mid eightys, still got him in my garage:lol all his clothes and weapons are lost but it was my first arnold figure:1-1:

Man, the original HT terminator figure really does have a terrible face sculpt. Not since the original heath joker have a returned to a figures sculpt and laughed so hard. What where they thinking...

Man, the original HT terminator figure really does have a terrible face sculpt. Not since the original heath joker have a returned to a figures sculpt and laughed so hard. What where they thinking...

I thought the proto pics looked good. They weren't quite there, but they were pretty good. I got into Hot Toys when this was already aftermarket and I was close to convincing myself to get it, but then I learned the difference between proto vs. in hand pics and when I saw what became of it, I had to pass and hope they would revisit the character or someone else would make a better one in 1/6.

Please.. hyperbole much? :lol

Are you trying to tell me it looks good? I own the original joker, i remember being impressed as hell by it...but you can't help but laugh looking at it now, with our enterbays and joker 2.0's. the original T-800 creates the same feeling for me, it just looks bad, like a saggy, haggered, charicature version of arnie. Which begs the question...how where we ever happy with it? How did we ever think it looked good? Because as the comparrison images show, the new HS isn't just incrimental updates to improve upon the foundation of the original headsculp, it's a complete re-do (and rightly so) because the original was so unbelievably wrong. Just like the original joker.

Are you trying to tell me it looks good?
As long as we're keeping it friendly.. :wink1:

I think the differences between the two Jokers & the two Arnolds have their own individual sets of evolutionary sculpt attributes / issues. The V1 Joker looks very little like Ledger, while the MMS T2 T-800 does resemble Arnold - albeit while lacking in accuracy etc. That said - either figure is fine to own if one appreciates either piece on it's own merits - regardless of what else is available. :)

Putting crap on a great figure however, is just unnecessary. We're all free to like or dislike as we please - of course, but the amount unbalanced negativity heaped on the MMS just because there's a new version, is ridiculous. Hence my use of the word hyperbole.

I'll concede the new T-800 face is a definite improvement - but it's not perfect either. For those that prefer it over the older version - cool. I think the figure's great too, but I don't need it, just because it's there to buy.

As long as we're keeping it friendly.. :wink1:

I think the differences between the two Jokers & the two Arnolds have their own individual sets of evolutionary sculpt attributes / issues. The V1 Joker looks very little like Ledger, while the MMS T2 T-800 does resemble Arnold - albeit while lacking in accuracy etc. That said - either figure is fine to own if one appreciates either piece on it's own merits - regardless of what else is available. :)

Putting crap on a great figure however, is just unnecessary. We're all free to like or dislike as we please - of course, but the amount unbalanced negativity heaped on the MMS just because there's a new version, is ridiculous. Hence my use of the word hyperbole.

I'll concede the new T-800 face is a definite improvement - but it's not perfect either. For those that prefer it over the older version - cool. I think the figure's great too, but I don't need it, just because it's there to buy.

The the amount of unbalanced negativity heaped in the DX10 because people don't want a new version has been out of control.

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous. The DX10 is an improvement but I think even with it's faults the MMS is still a good sculpt and definitely looks like Arnold.

IMG_2418.jpg

Having not seen this in person, the sculpt on the DX10 does look a tad off to me

Don't all sculpts look a 'tad" off? :dunno

Which begs the question...how where we ever happy with it? How did we ever think it looked good?

Thing is with the sunny's on it looks 90%+ arnold. I have it on my shelf looking at it right now. It's clearly him without a doubt. Sunny's off it's pretty average but I'd even go as far as saying the MMS looks slightly better because of the paint (sunny's on only).

Like I've said before unless your a hardcore T fan there is no need to buy the DX10 if you have a kited MMS. ZERO reasons.

The DX13 on the other hand....

Hot Toys just pretty much sandwiched the DX10 into oblivion for all the MMS owners with the release of DX13. It's an incredibly retarded move on their part. They made so many minds up and they took away the decision (and their own profit) for us.

I'm getting the DX13 - it's a given. :cool:

I'd like to get a pair of the DX10 shades though, they look more the money than the MMS ones - & as SolarSailor mentioned, it'd definitely improve the MMS figure's look, so I'd be up for a pair for sure.

I still think the proto pics for the MMS Arnold were amazing. :)

For the longest time I held off on getting the MMS T2 as there were rumors of the DX coming out, then when it finally did I didnt like it. I wound up picking up an MMS from The Fiend (thank you sir,)

It was this OMG photo that finalized my decision.
559156_10100605972593272_770452524_n.jpg

Great photo comparison. I think the older arnold looks more detailed and accurate, though a little older. The newer Arnold looks younger, but not as accurate in my opionion. I've asked multiple non-collectors on which one looks most like arnold based on this pic. So far, older version of Arnold is winning. Just ask your non-collector friends or family which one is more accurate, and I bet most will point to the one on the right. The most unbiased opinions, when it comes to sculpt accuracy, usually come from people who are not in the hobby IMO. My brother in law just told me that the one on the left looks slightly darker and slightly hispanic looking. It's interesting to hear the perspectives of non-collectors. I never thought that,until he brought it up. But now that I look at it, I guess he does look slightly like a latino version of Arnold if you look really hard. But only slightly.

Last edited:
Back