The Official T-800 Comparison Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://youtu.be/IILvSEeBQaE"]https://youtu.be/IILvSEeBQaE[/ame]Full review now up , please me know if it changes anyones mind about the sculpt

Ahahahaha, common bro:)

It is the prototype vs. production. The production version has some detail loss from casting and cheaper production paint apps. The same thing you'll be getting on the DX13. If it is not the same sculpt, please feel free to explain why they would resculpt something they just made. The time and money involved makes no sense.

Think of how you are going to lose even more detail by recasting the DX13 sculpt. It will then be a copy of a copy.

I have to say, I was expecting another EB vs HT argument... Not a rant about whether or not the DX13 is the same as the DX10.

Personally, I'd say it's the same sculpt, maybe some minor modifications

Didn't change the face sculpt of DX10! I remembered a very different Arnold in the proto pictures of DX10:)

t31SO.jpg

Anyone who watches TheClipperKing's comparison video and still thinks the MMS William Dafoe on Steroids figure looks more like Arnie in T2 than the DX10 OR DX11 is either legally blind or just blinded by bias.

That's what I find interesting; in videos like CK's, he looks excellent.

Conversely, a lot of photos of the head - like the one above I commented on, has an amount of skew to them which is in part, why a lot of folks I imagine were scratching their head as a result.

CK's review is pretty comprehensive though - he does a great job, & the head looks great there.

Didn't change the face sculpt of DX10! I remembered a very different Arnold in the proto pictures of DX10:)

t31SO.jpg

Yes, the DX10 was revised. That's not even part of the argument. Everyone knows that. The revised DX10 (what you see as the final product) was used for the DX13.

They didn't change the final DX10 for the DX13 prototype. Your previous photo showed you clearly knew what I was talking about before as you posted a comparison between the DX13 and the final DX10.

Let me reiterate: the DX13 is the same sculpt as the DX10. This statement has nothing to do with the proto shots of the scrapped version of the DX10.

You can tell DX13 is based off the DX10 sculpt just to me it looks a bit angry, eyes a tad squint...both sculpts are great.

The MMS is strictly my Galleria version now and the DX10 stays as Cyberdyne shoot out version and DX13 i will display full on damage and cycle back to semi-damaged now and again.

You can tell DX13 is based off the DX10 sculpt just to me it looks a bit angry, eyes a tad squint...both sculpts are great.

The MMS is strictly my Galleria version now and the DX10 stays as Cyberdyne shoot out version and DX13 i will display full on damage and cycle back to semi-damaged now and again.

I am agree with you bro:) This is fair to say that DX13 is based off the DX10 sculpt but not the same...

Its just Yulli's sculpt passed over to K.A Kim who sculpted the battle damage maybe or K.A Kim finished what Yulli started back on DX10 when the proto pics came out..who knows what goes on when they are working on this stuff, all i know is that both DX10 and 13 are great buys and IMO will be better for me then owning the 1/4 Enterbay versions as i hate to display such big figures that take up more room and need custom display cases etc...F that.

I agree with the comments that some peope are perhaps being bias in their comparisons of the DX and MMS sculpts

Like CK, i think that both have their pro's and cons, and the DX is clearly an improvement on an already excellent sculpt, so i don't feel agreived (sp?) that i don't have the DX

I think of this situation like the Mark I, i missed the first release and so was happy for the re-release, and with T2 it's vice versa - everyone wins

I've got my MMS kitted out with his mini-gun so my eyes are dead set on the battle damaged DX13

Then i'm out

Yeah right

Back