The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just won a Medicom Rocketeer (Version 2.5) on eBay! I got a great price on it, the box is still sealed. Does anyone have any thoughts on replacing the base body once I receive it? I was wondering how poseable the Medicom body was.

I used a Hot Toys narrow shoulder Truetype to replace the Medicom body supplied with my Rocketeer 2.0. I also switched the boots out with Dragon's Nacona boots from their RCMP figure. I doubt you'd find those anymore but the Hot Toys boots from the T1000 are an even better sculpt and just need to be repainted to be film accurate. And lastly I used US Cavalry britches for the figure. Not perfectly screen accurate but they look much better than the ones supplied with the Rocketeer figure. Overall a good looking display. I'd still buy a Hot Toys Rocketeer in a second if it were offered and put this one back in the parts bin.

Thanks for the advice! I opened it up yesterday and played around with it. The base body seems slightly more poseable than the one that was used on the 2.0. I may pick up a TrueType knockoff from eBay to use on it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it out of the box. I plan on displaying it with the new Toy Fairs Cap when that comes out.

i never been a fan of the 2.5....i dont like the paint job of the helmet and the jacket...

the 2.0 has a better paint job for the helmet....and prefer the colors on it than the other two versions....

the bodies for the medicom are cheap....on my 2.0 i broke his arm off trying to pose him....super glue fixed him up...

i wish a company like neca would do a rocketeer action figure.....hot toys would be nice but doubt it will ever happen

as for the Pop Vinyl figure....if i come across one at a store...i may purchase one...kinda disappointed they came out with this rather than the vcd medicom vinyl figure....

there is a bronze version that is limited to 480 pieces....it is being sold on ebay by the company...doesnt look like anyone is purchasing it

KGrHqNqUFGght-LgKBR3DqhDfg60_57_zpsc8f940a6.jpg

Still on the fence over the POP figure. If I can snag it for retail cost I'd probably get it.

Havn't seen the VCD figure go up for sale in some time. People must love those.

i thought the VCD was cancelled and wasnt released.....

i pre-order 2 of them from sideshow....the item was delayed for over a year and they sent me an email saying they were canceling everyone's orders....they never removed the sold out sign on the item

i thought the VCD was cancelled and wasnt released.....

i pre-order 2 of them from sideshow....the item was delayed for over a year and they sent me an email saying they were canceling everyone's orders....they never removed the sold out sign on the item

If anyone would know ER, it would be you. Very disapointng. Especially since it looked so cool, and it seemed like it was all ready to go!

Hallmark released a yellow and black GeeBee Racer ornament this year. Since we don't have a Rocketeer themed ornament at all -this one is a must buy! Only $14.95 it's pretty sweet too.

Finally picked up the Rocketeer & Spirit #2. Took a while to get this out.

My local Barnes and Noble got all the latest Disney POP vinyl figures. A ton of them. Disappointing yet inspiring to see that all the Rocketeers had been snatched up!

Sad news, had to pack up some of my Rocketeer collection for a move in the sprint time. Yes it's early but we're trying to get a head start.

I hate moving. :gah: :lol

Yea it sucks. But at least we're getting a head start.

I visited a 6th & Charles stores this last week to find a massive, freshly stocked selection of POP Funko figures. Alas, no Rocketeer to be found. I know he's not expensive online, but the random search in stores is amusing.

Maybe if it sees a reboot.

Now that Xmas has finished, keep an eye on Hallmark for that GeeBee racer ornament to hit clearance!

I recently purchased the Rocketeer v2.5 and am really liking it. Much better than the first version I once had. This will do nicely for now

Back