The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased the Rocketeer v2.5 and am really liking it. Much better than the first version I once had. This will do nicely for now

Great to hear that another one gets a good home. Yes, he's an awesome figure.

This is cool looking. Will probably get it if it gets released. Yes, the head is way big. Not sure why.

I'm glad it's getting made all the same. I picked up the last of the Rocketeer/ Spirit comics the other day.

Was searching for a few items for my collection, but have come up empty. Just have to keep a lookout in the mean time

FYI over on the fwoosh they just announced that Funko is going to make Legacy figures of the Rocketeer movie.

That means 6" figures like the new Star Wars Black series and Funko's Legacy line for Game of Thrones.

Any pics of the Legacy Figures? That's something I'd definitely be interested in.

Me too! Looks like no pictures of the Rocketeer yet. Funko had their Game of Thrones and Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy figures on display at NY Toy Fair. We'll probably see something more closer to SDCC. The saw the GOT figures at Barnes and Noble a few days ago. Mostly nice figures. There are a few misses. I still won't complain about a Rocketeer in this style though.

Me too! Looks like no pictures of the Rocketeer yet. Funko had their Game of Thrones and Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy figures on display at NY Toy Fair. We'll probably see something more closer to SDCC. The saw the GOT figures at Barnes and Noble a few days ago. Mostly nice figures. There are a few misses. I still won't complain about a Rocketeer in this style though.

With his helmet on he should be easier to sculpt and paint so I think he will turn out better than the GOT figures.

Funko had their ReAction Rocketeer on display this last weekend. Looks kinda blah to me. Maybe I'll get it if I can get free shipping or find it in a store conveniently.

https://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=342252&title=reaction&cat=11961

Admittedly I do like a few of those ReAction figures, The Rocketeer being one of them. So I'll probably pick him up. This license has been dry for too long, so I think it's great to see companies revisit it, but I don't want them to sacrifice quality just to get something on the market. The Legacy figures are promising in that respect.

Pretty much every Rocketeer figure or statue is a bit of a miss to me. They made 2 of that one figure which looks ok but I think Hot Toys can do better. Sideshow's PF is also a miss. It's too similar to that older kit someone posted here or mentioned. It should have been so much better. It's like Disney is sacrificing quality just for product. And assuming fans are desperate to buy anything Rocketeer even if it's not the best.

I don't expect much from those Legacy figures either. They look to be Neca or lower quality.

Yeah I have to disagree on the Rocketeer PF. That statue rocks! One of Sideshow's BEST! Yes the model hit is a similar pose, but I'll take the PF any day!

NECA makes awesome figures, so if the Legacy figure ends up in that ballpark, then I'll be happy.

Can't see how you can say SS PF is a miss :dunno ...it's definitely one of the best Rock's out there if you ask me. :lecture

...but I sure would have loved to see a 1/4 scale Rocketeer from HT. :panic:

:)

I would take a 1/4 from Hot Toys too.

Yeah I have to disagree on the Rocketeer PF. That statue rocks! One of Sideshow's BEST! Yes the model hit is a similar pose, but I'll take the PF any day!

NECA makes awesome figures, so if the Legacy figure ends up in that ballpark, then I'll be happy.

Sideshow's Rocketeer just could have been better. Once I read about it being like that kit I liked it even less. There are a bunch of Dave Stevens drawings that would make better statues than what Sideshow released.

Finally able to score a Rocketeer/ Bulldog Cafe stoneware mug after numerous attempts. Some of them have been selling for some crazy money on Ebay too.

After checking out Funko's ReAction retro figures in person, I'm beginning to feel better about their take on the Rocketeer. Although the design of the cardback leaves much to be desired.

Picked up some Rocketeer goodies over the last few weeks. Scored the Bulldog Cafe stoneware mug, the Gee Bee Hallmark ornament from this last fall, one of the Fossil watches and a NEW Dave Stevens tshirt from the 90s.

Still on the lookout for the gold faced watch from Fossil. One of the hardest to find.

Back