The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Good pics thanks for posting the head looks fine to me where did you get the helmet looks cool together
:yess:

Good pics thanks for posting the head looks fine to me where did you get the helmet looks cool together
:yess:

Thanks for the complement. The Helmet is the metal Master Replicas prop.
I also have the Wested Jacket - despite providing extensive reference of a screen-used jacket Wested omitted some key feature like the wrist straps - but aside from that it's a beautiful jacket.

Dscn6354-1.jpg

I love Helmet and PF two of my Favorite PF/Prop combos:

Dscn8597.jpg

Rocketeer4.jpg

I just called the El Capitan theater attempting to confirm the allowance of photography and a time slot for autographs and they couldn't confirm either :( Fingers crossed!

I'm very envious of all you guys going to see the 20th Anniversary screening.

Have a really great time and post pictures !!!

I just called the El Capitan theater attempting to confirm the allowance of photography and a time slot for autographs and they couldn't confirm either :( Fingers crossed!

What a bummer, bro! :(

I'll send you good karma in hopes you get to take pics and get some autographs! :yess:

I'll bring my camera just in case. And a storybook and a sharpie. :)

Alright I'm back!

Okay so... for $50 you got a program and a rocketeer 20th anniversary badge.

You also get to see the film restored (not the best restoration I've seen but decent enough) on the big screen 20 years to the day it was in the theater.

And you get a panel moderated by Kevin Smith with Joe Johnston, Bill Campbell, Rick Baker, the two writers, and an illustrator. The panel was very short and was mostly Kevin Smith geeking out over the movie (like all of us were).

Only one question was asked and it was about why a sequel was never made or how did that decision get made. The answer more or less is that the movie didn't make enough money. There was talk of the sequel the day it came out and then two days later, none. The two writers did go on to write a new story with Dave Stevens in the comics so seek that out if you want your sequel fix.

Then we all were herded over to the Hollywood Museum where the Disney archive put up costumes and props on display. There was also a lot of merchandise to be bought.

As for autographs, those who were lucky to grab Joe Johnston and Bill Campbell prior to the movie got something signed. I was just about to get my storybook signed by Joe Johnston and he was grabbed away. sigh.

I took pics of the museum part, nobody was allowed pics during the panel.

Oh and then they showed the brand new trailer for Captain America... 2 days before they debut it on thursday. That's about it in a nutshell.

Blah! Only 1 question??? What about a Bluray release???

I have a few friends that went , not sure how they did on autographs. They were there all day.

I heard there were original film props on display? How did they look?
Also, what was the exclusive merchandise like? Get anything good? Pics?

Sorry hear that you didn't get Johnston's autograph.

That sucks that you weren't allowed to take pics during the panel. :mad:

Only one question? :mad: I wanted to know if a Blu-ray release is in the works.

Post your pics of the Museum and the props when you get a chance! :D

Excellent synopsis Coheteboy! Man, I had such a blast at the screening last night. It was great being surrounded by Rocketeer fans and their love for the film. The panel was entertaining, although it was mostly Kevin Smith cracking jokes and praising the movie like Coheteboy said.

I was really bummed out that there was not a chunk of time dedicated to autographs, but it made getting Bill Campbell's signature on my PF base seconds before he left the theater, that much more special. :yess:

I'll post pics of the base later along with a picture of him signing, but for now here are a few pics from the screening and prop exhibit. The exhibit didn't have as many props as I was anticipating, most of the activity was centered around the merch stands they had set up amidst the displays. Pardon the quality of some of the pics, the lighting was pretty rough in most places.

The line for "General Admission"

_MG_2134.jpg

Some of Bill Campbell as he was entering the theater

_MG_2143.jpg

_MG_2142.jpg

_MG_2141.jpg

A couple of the inside of the El Cap

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Some of the exhibit

IMG_2161.jpg

_MG_2169.jpg

Last edited:

Quick question for anyone who might have some insight/input...what would be a good way to seal Campbell's signature on the base? I was thinking I would just spray a couple coats of Testors Dulcote on it, but just wanted to weigh in first. :)

WOW! Those are some GREAT pics, MM! :rock

And a BIG Congrats on getting Billy Campbell's autograph! :rock :clap :rock :clap

As for sealing the signature on the base...I would think a couple of coats of Testors Dulcote or a flat clear coat would work withou harming the base. :)

Back