The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Thanks DS and Collector! :) I was grinning ear to ear after he signed it, my wife had to pry the base from my hands 15 minutes later to box it up while we went into the exhibit :lol

The experience was all the more awesome because Billy Campbell seems like a really cool dude. He was 5 feet from the back exit when I caught him, and one of the security guys was trying to back me up and tell me to leave the area, but I just spoke over the dude and asked Billy for his autograph. He stopped, turned around and said "Absolutely!" I handed him the base and he said, "What is this, a piece of the theater?" I laughed and told him it was actually the base for a Rocketeer statue, so I'm assuming he's never signed one before!

Thanks DS and Collector! :) I was grinning ear to ear after he signed it, my wife had to pry the base from my hands 15 minutes later to box it up while we went into the exhibit :lol

The experience was all the more awesome because Billy Campbell seems like a really cool dude. He was 5 feet from the back exit when I caught him, and one of the security guys was trying to back me up and tell me to leave the area, but I just spoke over the dude and asked Billy for his autograph. He stopped, turned around and said "Absolutely!" I handed him the base and he said, "What is this, a piece of the theater?" I laughed and told him it was actually the base for a Rocketeer statue, so I'm assuming he's never signed one before!

Haha, that's awesome. I really hate the security people and agents for some of these folks though. I constantly hear about fans being turned away rudely, etc. If not for the fans, no one would care about the movie PERIOD. They should have signed for all there.

That is so cool and makes for a great story to go along with your PF! :rock :rock :rock

Can't wait to see more pics and hear stories from the event. It looked like it was packed!

Maybe the thread title should be changed to an Official Rocketeer thread.

Can't wait to see more pics and hear stories from the event. It looked like it was packed!

Not a bad idea!

You want stories? Well... I went up four flights of stairs directly behind Lothar! His bum was practically in my kisser and yah... I let him waltz.

That works for me! :D

Not a bad idea!

You want stories? Well... I went up four flights of stairs directly behind Lothar! His bum was practically in my kisser and yah... I let him waltz.

:lol :lol

Sounds like those who went had fun and I'm glad that some were able to get autographs. Post more pics of Bill Campbell! What was some of the merchandise that you could buy? Anyone get anything?

Received my Rocketeer PF yesterday: 63/500 of the regular and he's a beaut. Love him.

Congrats, Choopie! :clap :duff :clap

Cool collection you have there, I love your showcase! :rock

Thanks Snoopy! It's a 50W X 82H X 22D curio cabinet. That's just the bottom shelf! :lol It's one of the few cases I could find that would fit PFs.

I geeked out and purchased a Medicom 12" Rocketeer figure and bronze minibust this week. Thats enough damage for one week.

If someone offers a Rocketeer PF for a good deal, I'm screwed.

Thanks Snoopy! It's a 50W X 82H X 22D curio cabinet. That's just the bottom shelf! :lol It's one of the few cases I could find that would fit PFs.

I've talked to the instructor who teaches Wood class at the high school I work at and he's going to find a student this coming school year to make me a curio cabinet for my PF's. I just have to supply the wood. :D

I'm going to give the student some money just for doing it. :)

I geeked out and purchased a Medicom 12" Rocketeer figure and bronze minibust this week. Thats enough damage for one week.

If someone offers a Rocketeer PF for a good deal, I'm screwed.

:lol :lol

Congrats on picking those two collectibles up! :clap :duff

I've been thinking about getting a 12" Medicom Rocketeer for my collection!

Is it about the same scale as a Hot Toys figure?

The Medicom figures tend to be a little shorter than Sideshow or Hot Toys 12" figures. The scale difference has never bothered me.

Do we need a number of votes to change the thread title?

The Medicom figures tend to be a little shorter than Sideshow or Hot Toys 12" figures. The scale difference has never bothered me.

That's cool with me...I was thinking on picking up a Medicom Rocketeer to go with Hot Toys' Captain America when it gets released. :D

Do we need a number of votes to change the thread title?

We could ask a Mod to change the title The Rocketeer Appreciation Thread or something along those lines. :D

Requests noted guys and since this thread has evolved into the discussion of all things Rocketeer, I've amended the title for ya.
Hope you like :duff
x :wave

Where'd you buy it at?

I had to buy it online because I couldn't find it in stores around here, but I had it in my house within a week of ordering it. It's specifically a Howard Miller Ramsdell. My dimensions were slightly off: it's 80" H and 21.5"D, but it's still a big piece. Deserves a wall all its own. It's got the sliding glass door in the front and halogen lights at the top to light up the case. You can adjust the shelves, which is good. It comes with five shelves, but with the size of the Sideshow pieces, I could only fit 3, but everything fits in with some room to spare for future pieces if I do some shuffling around.

The next size down was 42"W and 17 or 18"D, which was just too small for multiple PFs on one shelf.

I know a lot of folks go with IKEA products like Detolfs or the Bestas, but I found those to be too sterile-looking for my tastes.
Hope that helps. :wave

Back