The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

I had to buy it online because I couldn't find it in stores around here, but I had it in my house within a week of ordering it. It's specifically a Howard Miller Ramsdell. My dimensions were slightly off: it's 80" H and 21.5"D, but it's still a big piece. Deserves a wall all its own. It's got the sliding glass door in the front and halogen lights at the top to light up the case. You can adjust the shelves, which is good. It comes with five shelves, but with the size of the Sideshow pieces, I could only fit 3, but everything fits in with some room to spare for future pieces if I do some shuffling around.

The next size down was 42"W and 17 or 18"D, which was just too small for multiple PFs on one shelf.

I know a lot of folks go with IKEA products like Detolfs or the Bestas, but I found those to be too sterile-looking for my tastes.
Hope that helps. :wave

So still you could only fit 3 PF's in it? ;)

Is it about the same scale as a Hot Toys figure?[/QUOTE]

It's the same scale, but substantialy different in height and proportions. Medicom figures in general are much more petite than Hot Toys or SSC. Standing next to Cap he's gonna be pretty small.
The second version Rocketeer is an especially nice figure though, and if you pick that one up the jacket, head and rocket pack can all be switched nicely onto a narrow shouder TT body or a Soldier Story body. You just need boots and breetches to make a very nice figure that will fit in great with your Hot Toys.
Or you can leave it alone. It's a pretty nice figure as is. I have the V.1 Rocketeer still in it's box. The art on the 1st version box is beautiful and I've left that one ot display MIB. That figure isn't quite as "crisp" as far as overall detail but still very nice.

Oh no, I meant I could only fit three shelves in it. I have 13 pieces total so far in it: a mix of PFs and maquettes.

Do you have a link to the piece or you can PM me if you want.

It's the same scale, but substantialy different in height and proportions. Medicom figures in general are much more petite than Hot Toys or SSC. Standing next to Cap he's gonna be pretty small.
The second version Rocketeer is an especially nice figure though, and if you pick that one up the jacket, head and rocket pack can all be switched nicely onto a narrow shouder TT body or a Soldier Story body. You just need boots and breetches to make a very nice figure that will fit in great with your Hot Toys.
Or you can leave it alone. It's a pretty nice figure as is. I have the V.1 Rocketeer still in it's box. The art on the 1st version box is beautiful and I've left that one ot display MIB. That figure isn't quite as "crisp" as far as overall detail but still very nice.

I think I'll try to pick up the V2 Rocketeer for my collection. :D

Thanks for the information regarding the scale! :duff

I think I'll try to pick up the V2 Rocketeer for my collection. :D

V2 is the best version IMO :rock

Here are a couple more pics for you guys...

Tiny Ron AKA Lothar

IMG_2217.jpg

One of me next to the costume (the box is holding the PF base).

IMG_2221.jpg

Billy Campbell signing my PF base. You can just make me out on the right. That door frame in the background is the exit, I caught him literally 5 feet from it :thud:

BillCampbell-SigningBase.jpg

And some of the autographed base and assembled PF.

_MG_2231.jpg

_MG_2233.jpg

_MG_2239.jpg

_MG_2250.jpg

Awesome photos! :rock

Are those posters Eric Tan's artwork?

I like the t-shirt. I probably would have bought that. Too bad it was only a one-time deal. Would be nice if they did something similar in other parts of the country.

DUDE THAT'S AWESOME!

I'm so jealous. I was stuck in the merchandise line so I probably missed out on a lot of autographs.

I found this btw... there's a small gallery at the bottom to see some pics:

https://www.endorexpress.net/2011/06/20-years-of-the-rocketeer/

Thanks man, I'm still geeking out over it! :lol

I actually caught Billy as he was leaving the theater literally 2 minutes after the Cap trailer ended, and he didn't head over to the exhibit as far as I know (neither did Joe Johnston). I just saw a hint of security in a small corridor towards the back and tore ass over there hoping for the best! :panic: I had just missed Joe Johnston apparently, but Campbell's autograph was the one I was mainly after. :)

That looks great on the base... usually signatures are kind of distracting, but the placement works well with it :duff

It looks like everyone who went had a really good time!

That is very cool! I just wish we could have heard if there was a blu-ray edition in the works. :(

Yeah, I was sorry I didn't take away that tidbit of info. Hopefully it's not far off, the digital print looked amazing :rock

I was in the front row and it wasn't actually as impressive as I hoped. It was pretty fuzzy in places, but you know... they actually restored it so a blu-ray shouldn't be that far off.

(on a tangent, I'm glad Warren Beatty got the whole D ick Tracy thing figured out so the bluray for that one is happening)

Yeah, I was on the second level 5-6 rows back so Coheteboy definitely has a better idea of the finer detail of the digital print.

Aww yer killin me MarfMaster! Congrats on getting Campbell. As far as sealing the signature, you can't without ruining you base and potentially the autograph. Leave it exactly how it is. If you ever hae to pack the PF up, wrap the base in tissue paper. That'll protect it during shipping/ storage.

Ohh I would go crazy in the merchandise sale. My wallet would burst into flames.

Back