The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so,bodie was right???:horror:horror:horror

:confused: No.

Anyway, from what we've seen (besides the obvious damage), it looks fantastic. As Batman said, there doesn't appear to be anything really faulty with the piece. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, Batman. Now, time to look forward to some pics from Averone. :D

I don't mean this in a smart ass way, but how are people saying that there are no problems, barring the broken arm, based on one picture taken with a so-so camera? I can't really tell, definitively, what's what from that pic.

I don't mean this in a smart ass way, but how are people saying that there are no problems, barring the broken arm, based on one picture taken with a so-so camera? I can't really tell, definitively, what's what from that pic.

And that is why you fail.....

Hey Batman, where in Canada are you? I used to work at a fed-ex sorting/loading facility back in high school (which wasn't very long ago). It was the Toronto hub. Let's just say you wouldn't want to see how things go with the packages that come through there.

Sorry Greg that absolutely stinks. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long to get a replacement. We did get taste of your collection in the background there. Very nice, I would love to see more!

Pics will be here within the hour guys. It is nothing fancy, just the boxes, the piece in the case and the break, along with my thoughts. The images are just loading up in photobucket.

Sorry about the damage dude and thanks for putting aside your disappointment to post pics for us. I don't think I would have had the heart to do that after such a gutting experience.

Hopefully your replacement will be A1 and minty fine.

On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin...

btw, got to love the dedication of a reviewer who isn't afraid to feel up Iron Man's manly bits lol! :clap

Very informative and helpful review btw - especially given the circumstances.

Thanks for posting these pics im sure it was a lill disheartening, but regardless of the naysayers i believe this is going to be epic and truly hope for the best for all the collectors able to land this!

If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

In my opinion, it should be smooth all around. The 1:1 Iron Man bust was not sand properly around the neck area as well.

:confused: No.

Anyway, from what we've seen (besides the obvious damage), it looks fantastic. As Batman said, there doesn't appear to be anything really faulty with the piece. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, Batman. Now, time to look forward to some pics from Averone. :D

for the price you would hope the paintjob would be perfect. Looking at my hot toys figure, its much more detailed and the chest piece on the figure looks much better. Some of the painted lines look sloppy up close and I hoped this wouldn't be the case. I really wanted this maquette but so far it isn't looking good IMO.

I'm sorry for Batman that his piece arrived like that and I hope SS Endeavour to replace it with a perfect statue.

awesome so is anybody else getting this. I cant believe some people can afford this ? The price is huge on this piece.

I'm a little surprised you didn't order it through Chinook Hobby. Is it because you didn't want to wait?
I order directly from sideshow sometimes because I hate the wait.

I'm so sorry that this arrived broken.

Still, the paint is fantastic and it looks like it's going to be a great piece.

Well guys, it's on the truck!
Easy does it FDx guy!

It's going to take time to do this right.

Wish me luck!

I'm a little surprised you didn't order it through Chinook Hobby. Is it because you didn't want to wait?
I order directly from sideshow sometimes because I hate the wait.

I'm so sorry that this arrived broken.

Still, the paint is fantastic and it looks like it's going to be a great piece.

i think he hadn't been dealing with chinook until recently and this was probably ordered before he started dealing with chinook

sorry to see yours arrived damaged batman, now i wonder if you'll have to wait till the next shippment comes in :confused::confused: that would suck.
overall though the piece does look pretty good, you could just call him righty.

ps: i don't know if sideshow would be willing to do something like this but, if they would be willing to donate it to some good cause as a repaired version instead of destroying it would be nice. it always makes me sick to the point that i didn't even bother notifying them about some minor paint issues on my venom com, cause it just makes me sick to smash these statues.

Sucks to hear this arrived damaged. Looks like a cool piece, but I fear that this will have the same fate as the IM 1:1 bust.... Since you said there seemed to be parts that were sanded and primed.... I hope this won't be the case for everyone. Goodluck to all! :peace

Its here and looks like the IM gods do listen to Averone!

I am still the lucky one!

QC sticker was on the package! Everything look ok!:thumbs2:

Bravo Sideshow!
Just incredible!

ITS HERE!!!
ITS IN GREAT SHAPE!
ITS INCREDIBLE!

You have built it up Averone....Now give us the Gook!!!:naughty

Its here and looks like the IM gods do listen to Averone!

I am still the lucky one!

QC sticker was on the package! Everything look ok!:thumbs2:

Bravo Sideshow!
Just incredible!

ITS HERE!!!
ITS IN GREAT SHAPE!
ITS INCREDIBLE!

Back