The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics Batman29 and again, sorry about the damage.

Are you gonna to get a replacement or return it?

Sorry about the damage, hope your replacement arrives soon, and thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see the lighted versions displayed as well.

By the way where is the edition number? Most of the pieces have it on the base.

Last edited:
The only thing that bugs me are the painted on grease marks.. In the movie the first time we see the suit, it is perfectly clean with no marks on it. It just takes away from this great piece. If I could have them paint mine clean, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Hopefully they listen and come out with an un-used look for the suit.

Destroying a piece that looks like it could be super glued together and still look great. It can be donated to an orphanage or something instead of destroyed. What a waste..

I believe this could have been prevented with a little more padding in there. That....or the syro wasnt "cut" properly. I've got tons of packages from SS where the actual shape of the piece isnt molded to fit the styro...its actually cut out and scratched out by hand. Making the fitting very tight or not exact. The arm probably broke when they sandwiched the piece between the two pieces of styrofoam and pressed down. My Dinosauria pieces come like this also.

Chris

The only thing that bugs me are the painted on grease marks.. In the movie the first time we see the suit, it is perfectly clean with no marks on it. It just takes away from this great piece. If I could have them paint mine clean, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Hopefully they listen and come out with an un-used look for the suit.

Destroying a piece that looks like it could be super glued together and still look great. It can be donated to an orphanage or something instead of destroyed. What a waste..

Personally, I like the grease look. I may clean off some of it but I want my maquette to look like the practical suit used in the movie.

I agreed, it can be fixed fairly easily like the damage never happened.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the broken arm mate. That sucks.
Good luck with the next one!
Mine just landed in the sort facility in Sydney. I hope it doesn't get pinged by customs or it will cost me another $200 to get it released. It's a public holiday here Tuesday so Monday is hopefully my day!
That picture of the statue inside the foam looks sensational I can't wait -thanks for posting them! :banana

Personally, I like the grease look. I may clean off some of it but I want my maquette looks like the practical suit used in the movie.

I agreed, it's can be fixed fairly easily like the damage never happened.

I am so itching to pre-order this. It's just very expensive for my budget right now and it wouldn't make my wife too happy. I just hope this item isn't too limited. 1,000 pieces should be enough for everyone, however I think they might limit it to 200 or so for some reason and I will never buy one of these used off e-bay seeing how hollow and delicate it is, especially the electronics and such. A piece like this needs the manufacturers warranty as even the paint could flake in six months as we've seen before as well with certain SS pieces. I love the look of this, and I can live with the Grease marks and tilt of the head. The color's are amazingly accurate finally and it is an impressive looking statue.

I want to ask, how hollow do the insides look like?

I am so itching to pre-order this. It's just very expensive for my budget right now and it wouldn't make my wife too happy. I just hope this item isn't too limited. 1,000 pieces should be enough for everyone, however I think they might limit it to 200 or so for some reason and I will never buy one of these used off e-bay seeing how hollow and delicate it is, especially the electronics and such. A piece like this needs the manufacturers warranty as even the paint could flake in six months as we've seen before as well with certain SS pieces. I love the look of this, and I can live with the Grease marks and tilt of the head. The color's are amazingly accurate finally and it is an impressive looking statue.

The only thing I don't like about this statue is the fact that Sideshow won't release the edition size other than to say it is a limited edition or number the base. They could be selling this in years from now. It's like the Combat Terminator Bust it will more than likely just go on.....

The only thing I don't like about this statue is the fact that Sideshow won't release the edition size other than to say it is a limited edition or number the base. They could be selling this in years from now. It's like the Combat Terminator Bust it will more than likely just go on.....

I hope this is the case since a lot of people cannot afford this right now and by making it like the Terminator bust, they can real in new people years from now who are Iron Man fans and are new to the collecting bug. I mean, the only people who would be upset about not making this piece truly limited to 200 or so would be the collectors who never open the item up and store it for years and years in order to sell it. That my friend is a very select few. Most here would be displaying this forever if we got it. And if someone else five years from now wants one too, let them be able to buy it and not have to pay $6,000 on e-bay and receive a broken arm (sold as new in box, never opened) and then Sideshow loses another customer since they will not help them out since they were not the original buyer. This piece like the Terminators should be available for as long as they hold the licenses as it brings people to collect by giving them something to look forward to. And they can make their money back in quantities sold since it probably costs a fraction in material to make this piece.

200 quantity for Iron Man? Hell no. 200x$2000 = $400,000. They are estimating in millions! The Iron Man 1:1 bust made over millions for them. My guess is that they'll try to make several millions by selling over 1000 quantity.

For $2,000, you want perfection. Look at CM Predator..that's $2,000 with so much detail and perfection. Any problem, exchange it or refund it...no super glue allow.

I hope this is the case since a lot of people cannot afford this right now and by making it like the Terminator bust, they can real in new people years from now who are Iron Man fans and are new to the collecting bug. I mean, the only people who would be upset about not making this piece truly limited to 200 or so would be the collectors who never open the item up and store it for years and years in order to sell it. That my friend is a very select few. Most here would be displaying this forever if we got it. And if someone else five years from now wants one too, let them be able to buy it and not have to pay $6,000 on e-bay and receive a broken arm (sold as new in box, never opened) and then Sideshow loses another customer since they will not help them out since they were not the original buyer. This piece like the Terminators should be available for as long as they hold the licenses as it brings people to collect by giving them something to look forward to. And they can make their money back in quantities sold since it probably costs a fraction in material to make this piece.

Hmm, not all collectors are like that. I see many on these boards alone who display their collections out of the box take pride in it. Of course there will be some who store it in the box to retain value but to each their own.

The edition size is mainly to reward them so that the value of their collection increases over time and not depreciates. (Especially important for 40 year old virgin who decide to get married.) Even Pitu wanted to put his PF grn hulk up to sell. Sometimes the going gets tough and it's good to reward collector's who have spent their hard-earned dime on their passion to get something back.

Of course some people will be steered away and not wanting to pay the same price for something that devalues and is replaced more easily. (especially seeing how fast SS exclusives get sold out versus normal editions.)

I always felt it was kinda cool that collectors were rewarded for their passion, and since I am a totally new collector I have limited bias in the matter. Thus, there are 2 sides to that coin.

Back