The Official Jerry Vanderstelt LOTR Remarque Registry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Woodsy, new to the "posting" game. Should I have used the "insert image" icon instead of "attachments"? :confused:

I appreciate your making them more "viewer friendly". :eek:

Happy to have found this forum and thread. I have been following Jerry since before he released the first of his "Trilogy" prints and his work is outstanding.

His video interview at SD Comic Con is very interesting as well. Link below courtesy of MSN.com and TORN.net

https://paralleluniverse.msn.com/co...4339-ba8f-ac635a1ece38&tab=ComicCon09&ap=true

efatz :)

Thanks Woodsy, new to the "posting" game. Should I have used the "insert image" icon instead of "attachments"? :confused:

I appreciate your making them more "viewer friendly". :eek:

Happy to have found this forum and thread. I have been following Jerry since before he released the first of his "Trilogy" prints and his work is outstanding.

His video interview at SD Comic Con is very interesting as well. Link below courtesy of MSN.com and TORN.net

https://paralleluniverse.msn.com/co...4339-ba8f-ac635a1ece38&tab=ComicCon09&ap=true

efatz :)

Yes. And thanks for the heads up on Jerry's video. :D

OK, my litho arrived yesterday and is in for framing today. I'll have it back in a week :banana Same number as my other two litho's #26. :D

Return of the King : Morgul Lord and Fell Beast

ROTKMorgulLordandFellBeast26wood-1.jpg

One Week Later:

ROTK002.jpg

ROTK010.jpg

Last edited:
Ok my final two remarques from the The Two Towers, Gandalf the White # 37 and from The Return of the King, Galadriel # 55 And I can tell you I got the Galadriel's Blessing Litho today too and apart from the fact it is bigger than I expected it is beyond words how beautiful it is, thanks Jerry!! :D

Very cool everyone.

And Woods, that still has to be the best frame I've seen for these pieces!

JV

Very cool everyone.

And Woods, that still has to be the best frame I've seen for these pieces!

JV

Thanks Jerry. I picked out the framing for my Terror over Osgiliath litho today as well, and will post pic's of both of them once I get them back. I think you'll like it. :D And thanks so much for my Morgul Lord remarque. It's simply is fantastic. The shading, attention to detail, you name it....I just love it! :drool

Last edited:
Ok my final two remarques from the The Two Towers, Gandalf the White # 37 and from The Return of the King, Galadriel # 55 And I can tell you I got the Galadriel's Blessing Litho today too and apart from the fact it is bigger than I expected it is beyond words how beautiful it is, thanks Jerry!! :D

Thanks Alan! I've blown your pic's up so that those of use who need glasses won't have to go looking for them to see your pic's. :naughty Once again, some beautiful remarques here. I will add them to the registry.

The Two Towers : Gandalf the White [#37]

TTTGandalftheWhite37WrathofSauron.jpg

Return of the King : Galadriel [#55]

ROTKGaladriel55WrathofSauron.jpg

Last edited:
Hey GTB i think you have Frodo and the RW around the wrong way my man but great remarques anyway.

Hey GTB i think you have Frodo and the RW around the wrong way my man but great remarques anyway.

Good catch Matt, I think you're right.

Thanks for posting your remarques gtb, Matt's right they look excellent. If you can post or PM me with the edition numbers I will add them to the registry. :D

Hey Woodsy,

Now I understand why you liked my ROTK remarque so much :lol

We asked for and received identical remarques!

efatz

As are you sir Woodsy :lol

I will send along images of all three framed prints once I get the ROTK version back. Hopefully some time next week...can't wait!

I wish I could convince Jerry to do remarques on his other two prints (Terror over Osgiliath and Galadriel and Frodo in Lothlorien). I even told him I would buy two more if he would put them out as Collectors editions with remarques. :naughty

Thought he could tie the remarques into the scenes...but alas due to his licensing deal those two can only be limited editions without remarques...:banghead

Ah well, he has promised to do more LOTR pieces, so there is that at least :D

efatz

huh? I don't get it. :confused:

Anyway, as promised to the creator of this thread...

Hey gtb, what Matt is saying is he thinks Frodo should be your ROTK remarque and the Ringwraith should be your FOTR remarque. Based on some of the ROTK Frodo with the phial of Galadriel remarques we've seen so far [that look very similar to yours], I would have to agree with him.
When you posted your pic's you have them listed in the opposite order.

Thanks for those edition numbers, I'll post them in the registry right away!

As are you sir Woodsy :lol

I will send along images of all three framed prints once I get the ROTK version back. Hopefully some time next week...can't wait!

I wish I could convince Jerry to do remarques on his other two prints (Terror over Osgiliath and Galadriel and Frodo in Lothlorien). I even told him I would buy two more if he would put them out as Collectors editions with remarques. :naughty

Thought he could tie the remarques into the scenes...but alas due to his licensing deal those two can only be limited editions without remarques...
:banghead

Ah well, he has promised to do more LOTR pieces, so there is that at least :D

efatz

I actually thought about asking Jerry about that too, but I figured there had to be a reason as to why he wasn't offering them. As it stands however, I don't really think it would have worked well with the lower margin on these prints being much smaller than that of the first 3 litho's....there just isn't a whole lot of room for a remarque.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your framed prints, and yes please post pic's :D I'll have my ROTK and Terror over Osgiliath litho's back from the framer by Friday at the latest.

You are 100% correct Woodsy on the margin being awfully small for a remarque...but I just had to ask :eek:

I will be out of town this weekend, so I won't have my ROTK and Terror Over Osgiliath framed prints back until next week...but as soon as I do you will get pics of the three with remarques!

efatz

Woodsy, The framing of your lithos was inspired. Was the format your idea or the framers?

Darth Rage, your "Ladies of Lord of the Rings" was also a great idea.

I'll be posting my remarques shortly.

Woodsy, The framing of your lithos was inspired. Was the format your idea or the framers?

Darth Rage, your "Ladies of Lord of the Rings" was also a great idea.

I'll be posting my remarques shortly.

Thank you! :bow The framing choices were mine, but it really helps when you have a good framer whose input you trust, which I do. For the 3 movie litho's I had some specific idea's in mind. In each case I wanted the bottom matte to bring out the "theme" colour of that litho and I wanted the the top matte to match as closely as possible the colour of the parchment map, with the objective being to "pull it out" from the picture. As for the moulding itself, I wanted a frame that could be used for all three litho's and I knew the chocolate brown one I went with not only would go great with all three, as an added bonus it also has a texture to it that has a parchment look and feel which really compliments the edges of the parchment in the litho.

My ROTK and Terror litho's should be ready today for pick up and I'll post pic'as as soon as I have them. With the Terror litho it was actually my framer who convinced me which moulding to go with, and as usuual her input was invaluable.

Looking forward to seeing your remarques Sky Rider. :D

Last edited:
Back