The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad they are going to fix Trenches. All you had to do was get the Hammer and the match was over.

As for the weapons, I was fine with them all when the connection was good. They seemed pretty even as far as I could tell. Gnasher seems the same. lancer does too. sawed off destroys people if you're close enough and retro is a beast if they are close enough to you.

\
It's no less skill than the gnasher.

That I don't quite argee with. With the Gnasher you have to actually aim for more than one shot most of the time and you can have good battles with them.

With the sawed off it's walk up and destroy someone if you're close enough or die during reload if you were too far away.

Just my opinion.

That I don't quite argee with. With the Gnasher you have to actually aim for more than one shot most of the time and you can have good battles with them.

With the sawed off it's walk up and destroy someone if you're close enough or die during reload if you were too far away.

Just my opinion.

See again...if im close enough to kill you with it that means I either snuck up on you which is your fault or you ran into someone with it while there using it. As for reloading thats where the skills come into play, because if you miss you have to be good enough to jump around
and at the same time get your active reload to get back in the fight.

It always makes me wonder why people want to stand right in front of each other and battle it out shot for shot...why is that?

See again...if im close enough to kill you with it that means I either snuck up on you which is your fault or you ran into someone with it while there using it. As for reloading thats where the skills come into play, because if you miss you have to be good enough to jump around

It always makes me wonder why people want to stand right in front of each other and battle it out shot for shot...why is that?

on the flip side if everyone hung behind cover then nothing would be done

like i say people take a 50/50 gamble in the beta with it cause they knew they'd respawn, they may rethink if they spend more time sitting watching in execution etc

hopefully it'll balance itself out to using certain weapons on certain game types

See again though...thats why you have a lancer. Im not one of those guys that sits, beleive me I get plenty of kills and ive been called a sawed off noob, a lancer whore you name it because I kill people. Like I said before and as others stated, you gotta know when to use what weapon. The gnasher carriers all seem to think its the primary weapon because it has long range like a rifle. Again im not complaining because I'll shoot run out of shells and pick up one all the same, but I just think people who complain about it are only seeing it from there perspective. Just like the article said.

I will agree as well that in objective type games, its better to use a gnasher because alot of times you might need to clear an area and the sawed off just isnt good for that unless your back up is with you. If you get caught alone which is a mistake you fair better with the gnasher and have multiple shots and can move around not worrying about reloading.

Just my opinion.

You don't have to aim with it. We've all gotten pretty good at the hip fire but you do have to aim if you're further out I suppose. If it was 4 starts like the sawed off it would be the same gun.

Agreed 110%

like i say people take a 50/50 gamble in the beta with it cause they knew they'd respawn, they may rethink if they spend more time sitting watching in execution etc

hopefully it'll balance itself out to using certain weapons on certain game types

Using cover is part of the game though. Not everyone just staying hidden but it is part.

Oh I'll be using it in any mode.

Hope they leave the weapons alone and let the player pick what works best for them.

See again though...thats why you have a lancer. Im not one of those guys that sits, beleive me I get plenty of kills and ive been called a sawed off noob, a lancer whore you name it because I kill people. Like I said before and as others stated, you gotta know when to use what weapon. The gnasher carriers all seem to think its the primary weapon because it has long range like a rifle. Again im not complaining because I'll shoot run out of shells and pick up one all the same, but I just think people who complain about it are only seeing it from there perspective. Just like the article said.

Yeah, the lancer is used for long range fighting. I'm like you I don't sit around I'm on the move and thats why I die more than some. Like you I've been called both as well. What it boils down is what the article said. People don't like getting killed when they feel they're "skilled" or their way of approaching things doesn't work.

You don't have to aim with it. We've all gotten pretty good at the hip fire but you do have to aim if you're further out I suppose. If it was 4 starts like the sawed off it would be the same gun.

Agreed 110%

Using cover is part of the game though. Not everyone just staying hidden but it is part.

Oh I'll be using it in any mode.

Hope they leave the weapons alone and let the player pick what works best for them.
Totally agree, play which ever way works for you. If I die I die, its part of the game.

Yeah, the lancer is used for long range fighting. I'm like you I don't sit around I'm on the move and thats why I die more than some. Like you I've been called both as well. What it boils down is what the article said. People don't like getting killed when they feel they're "skilled" or their way of approaching things doesn't work.

Again agree, other people dont like to die. Again its part of the game get over it people.

Again agree, other people dont like to die. Again its part of the game get over it people.

Yeah, I don't like to die but unless there is really bad lag or people cheating I try to not get worked up over it. Not that I'm always successful. :lol

See again...if im close enough to kill you with it that means I either snuck up on you which is your fault or you ran into someone with it while there using it.

Not really. How many times do you see people avoid the firefight just to then walk up after you have taken damage? That's not "sneaking" up at all. It's waiting until someone is distrated.

Sure, it's ok to do it, but I'm just saying there isn't much skill in a situation where someone does that and blasts you with a weapon that's a sure kill from that range or just hiding behind a wall waiting for someone to walk around it.

It's a legit kill and I don't argue that at all. I'm just saying the sawed off is exactly a weapon that takes a lot of skill to use.

If I see a firefight and I can get in there and kill someone that's called war and fair game. Knowing when to take advantage of a situation is a skill. Being able to think and react to what's going on around you.

IMO the only two weapons that I think you can call "skill" weapons are the snipe and torque bow. Everything else is a matter of point and shoot. The skill in everything else is all about positioning yourself in each event.

Yeah, I don't like to die but unless there is really bad lag or people cheating I try to not get worked up over it. Not that I'm always successful. :lol

Yeah i hear that. If i get outskilled or someone gets over on me and gets the kill on me, sure it sucks but I'll easily praise the person and say right on, you definetly set that up perfectly. I mean im by no means perfect, I get killed alot because Im always in the mix and if Im respawning and running into the action and someones distracted...thats not my problem meet my sawed off :)

Yeah i hear that. If i get outskilled or someone gets over on me and gets the kill on me, sure it sucks but I'll easily praise the person and say right on, you definetly set that up perfectly. I mean im by no means perfect, I get killed alot because Im always in the mix and if Im respawning and running into the action and someones distracted...thats not my problem meet my sawed off :)

Yup, it happens people get a better angle of attack or catch me not paying attention. Its just part of the game. Sure there are lucky kills but looking at where the best route to get to a kill is a skill as well.

infected omen weapon skin (available only with epic edition) and Adam Fenix MP skin (available with limited and epic edition)

ejoul.jpg

Last edited:
Back