The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gears 2 veteran gears achievement unlocks gold versions of all 5 main weapons (gnasher, lancer, sawed off, retro, hammerburst) from launch (other gamers can unlock via certain amount of kills with weapon except gnasher in which gold version only unlocks in first launch week) plus old guard multiplayer medal and title

Was the Veteran Gear Achievement getting to level 100???

Gears 2 veteran gears achievement unlocks gold versions of all 5 main weapons (gnasher, lancer, sawed off, retro, hammerburst) from launch (other gamers can unlock via certain amount of kills with weapon except gnasher in which gold version only unlocks in first launch week) plus old guard multiplayer medal and title

:yess::yess::yess:

Posted by raczilla on the Epic forums...

Veteran Gears,

We want to thank you for reaching out to us over the weekend with your thoughts on Friday’s announcement of the Veteran Gear unlock for Gears of War 3. We value the feedback of all our fans, especially our Veteran Gears who put in so much time not only by playing the game, but by sharing your passion for Gears on a daily basis on the forums.

With that in mind, we’d like to let you know that the Golden Gnasher Gears 3 unlock will only be available to those who have earned the Veteran Gear achievement in Gears of War 2. We do want to reward fans who play Gears 3 during release week, but have decided to do so by unlocking the Golden Hammerburst and Lancer instead of the Gnasher.

Thanks for your dedication to the Gears franchise. It will be easy to identify our Veteran Gears on September 20th when we see you online with your exclusive Golden Gnasher unlock and medal!

Thats cool. Pretty decent reward for getting to rank 100.

Too much to watch...want to summarize it for me???

Basically only way to get old guard medal/title and golden gnasher is by achieving veteran gear. Veteran gears also get golden lancer, hammerburst, sawed off and retro at launch but these are achievable via other ways for non-VG gamers

eg. golden lancer and hammerburst for playing gears 3 in launch week, golden retro coulda been unlocked via certain beta requirements and I think golden sawed off is by commando achievement from gears 1

golden lancer and hammerburst for playing gears 3 in launch week

I understood that these were only unlockable by achieving Veteran Gear OR by having the DLC from Gears of War 2.

The one that's unlockable on the launch week is the Golden Gnasher.

Posted by raczilla on the Epic forums...

Veteran Gears,

We want to thank you for reaching out to us over the weekend with your thoughts on Friday’s announcement of the Veteran Gear unlock for Gears of War 3. We value the feedback of all our fans, especially our Veteran Gears who put in so much time not only by playing the game, but by sharing your passion for Gears on a daily basis on the forums.

With that in mind, we’d like to let you know that the Golden Gnasher Gears 3 unlock will only be available to those who have earned the Veteran Gear achievement in Gears of War 2. We do want to reward fans who play Gears 3 during release week, but have decided to do so by unlocking the Golden Hammerburst and Lancer instead of the Gnasher.

Thanks for your dedication to the Gears franchise. It will be easy to identify our Veteran Gears on September 20th when we see you online with your exclusive Golden Gnasher unlock and medal!

I understood that these were only unlockable by achieving Veteran Gear OR by having the DLC from Gears of War 2.

The one that's unlockable on the launch week is the Golden Gnasher.

see above post

What was all that talk about gold retro only available in Beta? So i bothered but had it unlocked anyway? And here I was hoping for a cool playable character, like Dizzy or Tai or something

What was all that talk about gold retro only available in Beta? So i bothered but had it unlocked anyway? And here I was hoping for a cool playable character, like Dizzy or Tai or something

I bet those guys end up being unlockables or dlc later.

Back