The OFFICIAL BLADE RUNNER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of my Deckard. I love this thing :)
f82a291e.jpg

7179ac1b.jpg

220822d7.jpg

d5bb0bb6.jpg

9c209a0e.jpg

She's had a bad reputation for decades... right after she pulled a knife or something on ex James Woods. She's, to say the least, temperamental.

Indeed...

From NNDB:

Woods dated Sean Young in 1988, then sued her for harassment the next year, alleging she had sent him pictures of dead babies and animals, that either she or a friend of hers had destroyed his garden, left a mutilated doll on his doorstep, and generally acted like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. Young denied everything, but the lawsuit sealed her reputation as a nutcase. An aspect of the matter that drew less attention, however, is that the case was settled out-of-court, by Woods' payment of a quarter-million dollars to Young.

That's what it was, right. And there's been a long list of other 'temperamental' acts ever since... including her being arrested last month for some fight at the Oscars. And she always seemed so nasty and biyatchy and angry in interviews, etc.

I remember when "Ace Ventura" came out, she seemed so perfect for that biyatchy role because of her presumed history.

So wait, Woods sued Young, but Young got $250,000 out of it?

Maybe his case wasn't strong enough and then she counter sued for defamation or something. That's the first time I've heard that part of the story.

Even if she was falsely accused, it wasn't just that incident that sealed her fate.

She also freaked out Tim Burton when she tried to get the part as Catwoman for Batman Returns. Think about it - She freaked out Tim Burton. :lol

It is too bad she had to drop out as Vicki Vale for the first movie. I think she would've been better than Basinger.

Some of us had to jump or forever regret missing out...:panic:

Now it seems VM will be releasing a limited number of Nexus 7 Rachael clothing sets with unpainted resin sculpt & Deckard's M2019 sometime soon though, at price point that should be more attractive to those who didn't go for a full figure set.

I went that route with Deckard and it was a great deal considering I only have to paint the sculpt, shoes, blaster, and provide a body. The tailoring on his costume is truly freakin' amazing! I've got him temporarily put together on a HT advanced & he looks outstanding, even unpainted! :D

Ordered the reg, planning on getting an extra head when they come up so I can try to have a black suit version put together down the road. Also will be interesting to see what HT does with its upcoming female bodies.

VM said the Nexus 7 costume was tailored for the Triad Alpha body, but I'm wondering if one of the new seamless bodies like Phicen would work. I think she'd look even better without the visible ankle joints, so I'll have to at least give it a try.

The regular edition of Rachael will include the 2 swap-out hair styles, so I'm glad I ordered a full figure set this time. I imagine he'll be offering unpainted heads at some point for those of us who want to build alternate versions in the black outfit. :)

I did some work on a 1/6 Deckard yesterday... sadly I bought the OG Android Figure and never upgraded to the better outfits. But still, for the time it's still not too bad.

The head is just an Sideshow Indy (in case it wasn't obvious) with resculpted hair and repainted.

decka.jpg

deckb.jpg

deckd.jpg

deckc.jpg

Back